Research Associate - Centre for Social Impact
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Small high-performing team
- Sydney CBD Office
Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
- $90,387-$93,534 pa. plus (9.5% superannuation and leave loading)
- 12 month contract (possible extension subject to funding)
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Centre for Social Impact (CSI) UNSW is seeking a highly motivated Quantitative Research Associate to conduct collaborative and self-directed research that aligns with the Centre’s research objectives. You will contribute to developing modelling tools and undertaking quantitative outcomes measurement research to increase the centre’s reputation. Specific responsibilities include:
- Undertake quantitative research
- Manage collection and analysis of quantitative data and maintain excellent records
- Understand research problems, select appropriate modes of analysis and apply knowledge of advanced analytical procedures
- End to end development and execution of research projects
- Prepare accessible written reports for funders and academic publications
- Monitor and manage changing and/or emerging issues in research projects and provide expert advice and/or solutions in areas of responsibility
- Engage effectively with stakeholders and the research community including participating in events
- Develop productive relationships and work in collaboration with team members across CSI (including UNSW Australia, Swinburne and the University of Western Australia) Contribute to CSI’s education offering including teaching, research, development of subject material with appropriate guidance.
About the successful applicant:
We seek a collaborative and independent Research Associate with a PhD in Economics and/or Social Sciences (Quant) or related discipline and research experience in an area of relevance to CSI. You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) and quantitative research skills including computing and data analysis skills. You will operate with a pro-active and helpful attitude, be respectful and inclusive, engaged and dependable, and demonstrate a methodical yet pragmatic approach to problem solving.
The Centre for Social Impact (CSI) is a national research and education centre dedicated to catalysing social change for a better world. CSI is built on the foundation of three of Australia’s leading universities: UNSW Sydney, The University of Western Australia, and Swinburne University of Technology.
Our research develops and brings together knowledge to understand current social challenges and opportunities; our postgraduate and undergraduate education develops social impact leaders; and we aim to catalyse change by drawing on these foundations and translating knowledge, creating leaders, developing usable resources, and reaching across traditional divides to facilitate collaborations.
The Centre operates in alignment with the UNSW Business School and is a critical work unit responsible for delivery of academic priorities of the University and in interactions with students, alumni, industry, government, professional bodies and the community.
Submit your resume and cover letter (addressing the selection criteria in the Position Description). Please note all documentation must be in pdf format. You must be an Australian citizen or have Australian work rights for the duration of the fixed term role.
Close date: 11:59pm, Sunday 17th September 2017
Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: +61 2 9385 2401
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.