Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor in Architecture & Urbanism
UNSW has one of the largest built environment faculties in Australia and is internationally renowned for its comprehensive range of degree programs and interdisciplinary education. Playing a seminal role in Australian architectural education we can claim many distinguished alumni who have advanced architecture in the Asia-Pacific region.
With a focus on research and education relevant to the design, planning and development of cities in the 21st century we deliver high impact research and graduates equipped with the knowledge and practical skills required to realise sustainable urban environments of enduring cultural value.
About the Role:
We are seeking an inspiring academic to lead urban research and teaching and attendant challenges including rapid urbanisation, affordable housing, migration and critical urban conservation.
This is an opportunity for intensive research within an interdisciplinary context to shape core, elective and studio courses in architecture and urbanisation.
- $123K-$162K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
You have established yourself as both a research and teaching academic in architecture and urbanism. You are now looking for the opportunity to extend and galvanise a distinguishing strength of a leading School of Architecture.
- A research track record and profile in the nexus between architecture and urbanism
- Ability to attract competitive external research funding
- Capacity to cultivate research and teaching networks within the faculty and industry
- Proven method in teaching student cohorts of diverse cultural and language backgrounds
- Desire to contribute to leadership and engagement within the Faculty, University and the broader community
Please apply online. You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
Applications close: Sunday 17th September