Lecturer in Rural Health
- Full Time, Fixed Term (until December 2021)
- Level B – $92,117 to $109,391 p.a. (Plus 17% Superannuation)
The Three Rivers University Department of Rural Health (UDRH) is based on the Charles Sturt University campuses in Wagga Wagga and Orange. The Three Rivers UDRH is a new alliance that brings together the unique geographical knowledge and expertise of CSU and its partners.
The key activities of the UDRH are:
- Raising the aspiration and success of Indigenous and rural students from the outer regional and remote footprint of the UDRH;
- Growing capacity for collaborative quality community-led rural clinical training, particularly in smaller regional communities and across expanded practice areas such as disability, aged care, mental health and primary care;
- Fostering the development of future rural health capabilities by developing new multidisciplinary resources and training programs.
The Lecturer in Rural Health (Healthy Moves) will develop and implement programs to foster aspiration and recruitment of rural students to study health careers.
The position will primarily develop and implement the Healthy Moves pathway program using the model developed in the award winning CSU Future Moves program. The Healthy Moves program will involve on-campus and off-site activities with school students in Years 6-12 from rural backgrounds; particularly students from low SES, first in family and Indigenous backgrounds.
Applicants are expected to apply online and address the selection criteria listed in the position description.
Open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents; or applicants that hold a current valid work visa commensurate with this position.
Applications close: 17 September 2017