- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Research Analysis, Performance and Profile Office (RAPPO) is a dedicated unit established to support the goal of continuously improving UNSW’s position as a leading research-intensive university in Australia. The Office is responsible for providing strategic advice and data support to the Executive Director (Research) on the University’s research performance, its position in various world university rankings systems, for ensuring the University’s strong performance in the ARC’s Excellence in Research Assessment (ERA) exercise, and to developing, implementing and maintaining the Division’s research metric tool ‘BORIS’.
About the role
- Hourly Rate: $56.60 - $60.37 plus 9.5% Superannuation
- Up to 35 hours a week
The Data Analyst is responsible for acquiring, cleaning, transforming, and validating data, and providing statistical modelling and report development services with the purpose of ensuring the successful delivery of the Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) data submission. The Data Analyst must be proficient in data management concepts, developing reporting solutions, delivering data-driven insights, and possess strong analytical skills.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant degree (e.g. statistics, mathematics, computer science, or engineering) and/or demonstrated experience working in similar data analysis related role.
- Demonstrated experience with using databases, data analysis software, automation and programming (e.g. SAS, SQL, Python, XML) to interrogate datasets, undertake complex analysis, and produce reports.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to develop high-quality reports and solve complex problems through innovative data-driven solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to independently research, document, analyse and present accurate and meaningful information to selected audiences.
- Attention to detail with a methodical approach to work, ability to identify and troubleshoot technical issues, and the ability to clearly document progress and solutions using software (e.g. JIRA and Confluence).
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and to adapt positively to shifting priorities for multiple projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to convey technical concepts clearly and effectively to a range of audiences.
- Experience in the Higher Education sector and knowledge of student, staff, and research data metrics will be highly regarded.
If you are interested in this role, please email your application to Thomas Chow including a cover letter, resume, and a document systematically addressing the selection criteria listed above.
Thomas Chow, Acting Director, Research Analysis, Performance and Profile Office
T: (61 2) 9385 8165