Research Assistant in Medicine and Health Sciences
6 days left
- Part Time
The position advertised is with NTNU Trondheim, Regional Centre for Child and Youth Mental Health and Child Welfare (RKBU), Institute of Mental Health, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
Regional Centre for Child and Youth Mental Health and Child Welfare (RKBU) is engaged in research, development, teaching and dissemination in the field of child and adolescent mental health and child welfare.
Mental health disorders is one the leading cause of disability in young people in all regions of the World. If untreated, these conditions severely influence children’s development, their educational attainments and their potential to live fulfilling and productive lives. The projects successful candidate will be working with aim to promote individual, institutional and systemic capacity building in child and adolescent mental health through training, research and public awareness. The projects aim to strengthen effective leadership and governance for child and adolescent mental health services. NTNU leads the initiative with Universities in Japan, East Europe, WHO (World Health Organization) Europe being main partners.
The period of employment is 1 year.
- Act as the point of contact and communicate relevant projects information to all project partners locally and internationally
- Organize and participate in projects’ meetings
- Assist in conducting research including data collection
- Assist in writing reports for publication and presentations
- Assist in reporting to the funding agency and in grant preparation
- Assist with dissemination using social media and other channels
- Assist in hosting project’s international partners visits to Norway
- Make overseas travel arrangements
- Applicants require education from university (Bachelor's level or higher).
Preference will be given to those who can demonstrate to have:
- motivation for the position
- past experience in a similar position
- university degree in biology, medical sciences, social sciences
- Must be able to cooperate and communicate with many different people at different levels in spoken and written English; knowing other languages (especially Norwegian) is an advantage.
- Good organizational and office skills including knowledge of social media
- Must be able to travel (domestic and international)
- Flexibility and enthusiasm for dynamic work environment
- Strong work ethic and goal orientated
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, functional capacity or cultural background. If necessary, we will adapt the workplace for people with disabilities. More information regarding moving to Trondheim, Norway and working at NTNU.
Depending on qualifications, Research Assistants (in code 1019) will be remunerated at a minimum of NOK 352 500 per year before tax. Normal wage level in code 1019 is NOK 352 500- 375 600. Research Assistants (in code 1020) will be remunerated at a minimum of NOK 386 300 per year before tax. Normal wage level in code 1020 is NOK 386 300- 429 700. There is a 2% deduction for the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
Chosen applicants will be invited to undergo an interview.
For further information about the position, please contact:
Prof. Norbert Skokauskas, The Regional Centre for Child and Youth Mental Health and Child Welfare, NTNU email@example.com
For information concerning the application process, please contact:
HR-consultant Mariann Hansen, firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply:
Applicants are asked to apply via www.jobbnorge.no and to attach all relevant documents, see list below.
The candidate’s motivation, skills and personal qualifications for the position and project should be described in the application letter. The application should contain the following attachments:
- Applicant’s CV (including list of publications, relevant former positions and copy of relevant transcripts and diplomas)
- Short statement from a former supervisor/tutor/teacher
- Contact information for two references (including email addresses and telephone number)
- Other relevant information
Deadline for applications is 02.10.2017
Please note that under the Norwegian Civil Service Act, information about applicants may be made public even though the applicant has requested not to be included on the list of applicants.
About this job
- Deadline Monday, October 2, 2017
- Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Municipality Trondheim
- Jobbnorge ID 141116
- Scope Part time
- Duration Temporary
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Standard CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!