Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Signal Processing and Machine Learning
- Full Time
Faculty / Portfolio:
Faculty of Engineering
Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering
$92,074 - $109,339 pa Level B /
$112,789 - $130,054 pa Level C
(plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Make your mark
- Be a part of a supportive, collegiate environment
- Participate in ground breaking research
If you're after a rewarding career, Monash University can help make it happen. With leading academics and world-class resources, combined with a ranking in the top 100 universities worldwide, we offer all you need to build a brighter future.
The Department of Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering is seeking to appoint a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in the area of Signal Processing and Machine Learning. This includes (but is not limited to) the following fields:
- statistical signal processing
- machine learning theory and techniques
- digital signal processing
- image/video analysis (eg texture and shape analysis, segmentation)
- multimedia databases and data mining (feature extraction, content based access, high dimensional indexing and similarity search)
- computer vision
- applications of big data processing (eg in energy systems, social systems, bio-informatics, autonomous vehicles, internet of things).
In this position, you will conduct research and teaching of the highest international quality in a team of like-minded individuals and will be expected to provide expertise and knowledge aligned with the objectives and principles of the department. With support from the school you will attract funding to undertake research and recruit and supervise postgraduate students.
Additionally, you will contribute to the running of the department, teach and conduct research in the field of Signal Processing and Machine Learning. This will include developing teaching materials, teaching large and small classes, supervising honours research projects and acting as an adviser for undergraduates.
To be successful in this role you will have a degree in Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering or a related discipline of equivalent accreditation.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to thrive in this role we encourage you to apply.
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash Jobs"
Professor Manos Varvarigos, Head of Department of Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering, +61 3 9905 3486
Sunday 24 September 2017, 11.55pm AEST