Head of Department - Accounting and Corporate Governance
In Business and Economics at Macquarie, we produce groundbreaking and impactful research, educate future leaders, and take pride in our integrated curriculum that develops comprehensive skill sets. Our courses are recognised by key industry bodies and include the country’s longest-running and most highly regarded actuarial studies, accounting and finance programs.
At an institutional level, Macquarie is ranked among the top two per cent of universities in the world and enjoys a 5-star QS rating. Located in the heart of Australia’s largest business precinct, Macquarie brings together 40,000 students and 3000 staff in one thriving hub of discovery.
We seek an exceptional candidate to undertake the role of Head of Department of Accounting and Corporate Governance. Reporting to the Executive Dean, you will be responsible for the academic, strategic and administrative leadership of the Department, ensuring the highest standards of teaching, research and engagement with industry and the professional community.
As the Head of our largest department, this role provides a unique opportunity to foster world-class research, develop diverse learning and teaching strategies and contribute to the advancement of the Accounting profession.
To be successful in the role you will have
- Exceptional leadership and decision-making skills
- A track record of high-quality research and teaching
- Ability to engage with staff and students to contribute to FBE’s vision as a leader in business education
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to develop strategic, collaborative relationships and networks within the practitioner community
- Commitment to extending the reputation of the department through its research, grant raising and teaching
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and support the professional development of academic and professional staff
To learn more about this unique opportunity, contact our advising consultant Kirsten Ludlow at Boyden on +61 2 9225 7400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 18 SEPTEMBER 2017
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.