Financial Accountant Support Assistant
5 days left
- Full Time
- Continuing, Full Time
- Finance and Planning Division
- CQUniversity Rockhampton North
- Total Remuneration $76,094 to $85,599 pa
Your New Division:
The Financial and Planning Division is responsible for providing comprehensive reports on past performance, as well as predictive reports on future strategic and financial directions for CQUniversity, the CQUniversity Council and executive management. The highly professional and experienced Financial Accounting Team ensure efficient financial operations to successfully maintain CQUniversity as one of the leading providers of education in Australia.
Your New Role:
- You will provide effective financial accounting support to the Financial Accounting Team, including complex reconciliations and data analysis, promoting the highest standard of business practice, values and ethics.
- Assisting in ensuring financial information required for reporting purposes is updated in the financial system in a timely and efficient manner and in accordance with Australian Accounting Standards.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships among colleagues and external clients on a formal or informal basis, through effective communication and prompt resolution of queries or requests in a way that demonstrates a commitment to the University’s values of engagement, leadership, a can-do approach, inclusiveness and openness.
You Will Be:
- Someone who enjoys working within carefully documented policies, procedures and other rules for doing business.
- Continuously improving and exploring new ways to do their job successfully.
You Will Have:
When submitting your application for this role please provide evidence of the following qualifications;
- Understanding of accounting principles, practices, procedures and standards including a detailed knowledge of reconciliation processes and financial administration.
- Completion of a degree without subsequent relevant work experience; or completion of an associate diploma and at least two years subsequent relevant work related experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Experience in the use of large corporate financial systems would be an advantage.
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32048
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Sunday 27th August 2017
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria and Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.