Lecturer in Education
- Continuing, Full Time
- School of Education and the Arts
- CQUniversity Rockhampton
- Total Remuneration $109,599 to $130,150 pa (including superannuation and leave loading)
Your New Division:
The School of Education and the Arts offers a wide selection of Certificate level and degree programs in the areas of Education, Creative and Performing Arts, Humanities, Hospitality, Early Childhood, Education Support, Indigenous Studies and Art. Effective teachers, in partnership with caring families have an important responsibility in shaping the citizens of tomorrow. Our teaching programs are designed to graduate exceptional teachers who will make significant contributions to the early learning centres, schools, training organisations and communities in which our graduates will teach.
Your New Role:
- Conduct a wide range of tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions, clinical sessions and/or studio sessions specific to inclusion and diversity in an educational context.
- Liaise with school and industry partners to support high quality professional experience placements for preservice teachers in secondary school settings in local and distance contexts where required.
- Perform assigned teaching duties with students on and off campus with a standard of planning, preparation, presentation and assessment as necessary for students to achieve course and program objectives.
- Act as a course coordinator through the regular initiation and development of course material.
You Will Be:
- A highly-involved team member who appreciates diversity in the workforce and is motivated by having a high level of responsibility and accountability for completing tasks.
- A self-motivated professional who is continuously improving and exploring news ways to do their job successfully, to increase engagement and participation from students.
You Will Have:
- A postgraduate qualification in Education supported by other relevant qualifications (or equivalent) in the area of Disability and Inclusion.
- Demonstrated capacity to teach in a higher education environment and a proven ability to utilise contemporary teaching methodologies that cater for different learning styles and modes of study
- Demonstrated ability to engage in research areas of research strength.
- Strong capacity to build and maintain quality networks and partnerships with stakeholders.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32047
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Sunday, 27 August 2017
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume), Responses to Selection Criteria and Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.