Assistant Financial Accountant
- Fixed Term (until 31-Aug-18), Part Time (FTE 0.69)
- Finance and Planning Division
- CQUniversity Rockhampton North
- Total Salary $51,880 to $55,875 pa
Your New Division:
The Financial and Planning Division is responsible for providing comprehensive reports on past performance, as well as predictive reports on future strategic and financial directions for CQUniversity, the CQUniversity Council and executive management. The highly professional and experienced Financial Accounting Team ensure efficient financial operations to successfully maintain CQUniversity as one of the leading providers of education in Australia.
Your New Role:
- Provide effective financial accounting support for the Financial Accounting Team, including assistance with the administration of the University’s taxation portfolio, insurance matters, and subsidiary companies and contribute to the production of the annual and monthly financial statements
- Supporting the preparation of the annual general purpose financial statements and associated work papers for the University and consolidated entities (the Group) ensuring compliance with relevant Australian Accounting Standards and legislation as applicable, in a timely manner.
You Will Be:
- Working on demanding tasks requiring substantial effort and commitment.
- Having high responsibility and accountability for completing tasks.
You Will Have:
When submitting your application for this role please provide evidence of the following qualifications;
- Knowledge of accounting and finance policy concepts and processes and the ability to apply this knowledge in a practical work situation, in accordance with relevant Australian Accounting Standards and applicable legislative requirements.
- Advanced computer skill knowledge, particularly in the use of business support software including specialised spread-sheeting features, word-processing, electronic diaries and email.
- A relevant degree with subsequent experience; or extensive experience and specialist expertise; or an equivalent combination of experience and/or education.
- Experience in the use of large corporate financial systems would be an advantage.
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32044
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Sunday 27th August 2017
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria and Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.