Description of Work Unit
As one of the nation’s top public institutions of higher learning and Colorado’s land grant institution, Colorado State University is committed to making things happen –from teaching and learning to research and student achievement in studios, laboratories, and classrooms. A Carnegie Research 1 institution, CSU offers over 70 Master’s and 45 doctoral programs, with 22 graduate programs that rank in the top 100 across the country. The Graduate School provides the oversight for all graduate policies and activities for the more than 4,200 graduate students on campus, and the additional 2,000 enrolled in online programs.
The campus is the heart of Fort Collins, at the base of the Rocky Mountains, and only an hour from the Denver metropolitan area. The wide open spaces, more than 300 days of sunshine each year and majestic backdrop make Fort Collins, a city with a population of about 150,000, an attractive place to work, live, and learn.
This position will work independently and within small teams to provide full stack web development that solves business problems, improves existing processes, and delivers dynamic web based solutions to students, faculty, and staff.
The person will have a strong understanding of object oriented programming, design patterns, and principles utilizing C#, ASP.NET MVC, SQL and RESTful web services.
Some after-hours work may be required.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in computer science, computer information systems, business, or other related field.
- Experience with object oriented programming, design patterns, and principles.
- Experience with relational database systems.
- Understanding of web accessibility standards with compliance to ADA Section 508.
- Evidence of personal initiative including proven record of setting and meeting project deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Successful candidate must be legally eligible to work in the United States by time of the position closing date. The Graduate School Office will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of C#, ASP.NET MVC.
- Strong knowledge of jQuery library.
- Experience with Visual Studio.
- Experience with Bootstrap framework.
- Experience with RESTful web services.
- Experience with SQL Server.
- Experience with PL/SQL.
- Experience with Kendo UI Library.
- Experience with Subversion.
- Experience with Banner Student and Banner Workflow.
- Experience with LAMP stack.
- Experience in higher education at an accredited institution.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion values.
- Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Software Development Duty/Responsibility
- Develop and maintain web applications and services for the full stack.
- Develop reports.
- Responsible for full system development life cycle (planning, analysis, design, implementation, maintenance).
- Provide analysis and programming support for existing and new programs by designing, updating, developing, testing, debugging, and implementing changes as needed to comply with ongoing business needs.
- Recommend solutions that deliver value to stakeholders, improve work processes, and advance the goals of the university.
- Utilize tools such as Wave Web Accessibility Tool to ensure that websites are fully ADA Section 508 compliant.
- Convert legacy applications as needed.
Percentage Of Time 60% Job Duty Category Workflow Development Duty/Responsibility
- Design workflows to facilitate business activities including the collection of electronic approval/signature.
- Facilitate processes that eliminate paper and improve efficiency.
- Manage and develop processes to automate user account access and security to Banner Workflow system.
Percentage Of Time 20% Job Duty Category Documentation Duty/Responsibility
- Write and publish user and technical documentation for all applications and reports developed.
Percentage Of Time 10% Job Duty Category Desktop and Application Support Duty/Responsibility
- Serve as T1 support for basic computer and application issues.
Percentage Of Time 5% Job Duty Category Other Duties Duty/Responsibility
- Other duties as assigned.
Percentage Of Time 5%
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, please apply by 9/01/2017, 11:59 p.m. (MST) with a cover letter addressing the required and preferred qualifications, resume and 3 professional references. References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Search Contact Mary Stromberger Mary.Stromberger@colostate.edu
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.