Education Officer - Student Equity & Diversity
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia’s leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We’ve helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries.
At Macquarie, you’ll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by a beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
Campus Life focuses on cultivating a broader academic experience for students at Macquarie University. They strive to deliver a range of non-academic services and experiences to engage students and staff, ensuring their campus life is reflective of the University culture, and is a great place to study, play and relax. Working within Campus Life, the Student Equity and Diversity Team leads initiatives to promote student equity and inclusion and provides expert advice across a range of student diversity and inclusion subject areas.
As the successful applicant, you will facilitate key learning programs and develop resources that support the work of the team with consideration of how various audiences learn and access information. You will evaluate and report on the effectiveness of learning programs and student equity initiatives, and identify opportunities for the success and expansion of the programs.
To be considered for this position, applicants must respond to the selection criteria below in a cover letter of no more than 2 pages.
- Degree and/or equivalent experience in education/teaching/training
- Proven ability to develop, implement, present and evaluate education programs and projects.
- Knowledge of relevant state and federal anti-discrimination legislation and policy in key student diversity and inclusion areas, including sexual violence prevention
- Experience delivering education programs to diverse learning audiences including students and/or young adults
- Current knowledge of developments and trends in student equity in the higher education sector
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal and influencing skills; with the proven capacity to work effectively as part of a team and engage professionally with internal and external colleagues and stakeholders
- Demonstrated personal resilience and the capacity to maintain appropriate boundaries
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below.
Salary Package: From $87,699 to $95,084 p.a. (Level 7), plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Full time, Fixed term until December 2018.
Specific Role Enquiries: Tatiana Lozano at email@example.com
General Recruitment Enquiries: Letitia Poile at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday, 20 August 2017 at 11:55 pm EST
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.