ABOUT THE ROLE
The School Manager is responsible for providing high level support and advice to the Dean of the Law School and School Management Team.
This will include:
- Providing high level administrative leadership and direct support to the Dean of the Law School and School Management Team regarding the School’s operational, human resource, workforce planning and performance monitoring and reporting activities
- Participating as an active member of the Faculty Professional Managers team
- Ensuring appropriate systems and structures are in place, and operating effectively, to support the School’s achievement of academic excellence, effective governance and the successful attainment of Faculty and University goals
- Development of DLS student recruitment and industry engagement strategies
- A tertiary degree combined with extensive relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of high-level administrative support in a large and complex workplace, preferably within the higher education sector
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of leadership and management of staff and resources
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills and the ability to manage programs, projects and people in a changing environment
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Tel: +61 3 9244 6581,
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 20 August 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life.
Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.