- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Academic Services, University Services
Salary: $68,892 - $79,130 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Accommodation Officer is a member of the Student Accommodation Unit which sits within the Campus Community Team in the Wellbeing portfolio.
About the role
The University of Melbourne’s Growing Esteem Strategy identifies student experience as a key enabler of quality student outcomes and places student experience at the heart of the ‘Melbourne Offer’. The University aims to provide students, irrespective of background, with an affordable, secure and supportive residence that allows them to thrive academically, socially and culturally. The Melbourne Offer identifies access to affordable, high-quality student accommodation as a key driver of a quality student experience, and an element able to support our diverse and globally mobile student communities. The Accommodation Officer will be a key member of the team that delivers this service to students.
- You will have a degree or diploma qualification with subsequent relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of relevant education/training and/or experience.
- You will be familiar with student accommodation systems and structures across the tertiary sector as well as from relevant external providers.
- Your ability to exercise initiative and sound judgement will be evident in your past work experience, and you will have proven problem solving skills and the ability to identify when and where to seek additional assistance.
- You posses a keen ability to interpret and implement policies and procedures and provide clear advice to staff and students.
- Proven ability to deliver excellent customer service and as well as an awareness and understanding of student life and student enrollments at The University of Melbourne.
- You will thrive in a changing and fast paced environment.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 27 Aug 2017
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria