Research Coordinator - OzGrav
- Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology
- HEW 6: $74,894 - $80,845 plus 17% superannuation
- Full time, Fixed term (2 years) based at Hawthorn campus
Swinburne is an innovative and inclusive university characterised by high-quality, career-oriented education and strong engagement with industry and the community. Our vision is to be a world-class university creating social and economic impact, through science, technology and innovation.
In recent years, Swinburne ranked within the top 3% of universities around the world, as assessed by the Academic Ranking of World Universities, and ranked in the Top 100 universities under 50 by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Research Coordinator to perform a range of significant research-related activities that play a key role in supporting the new Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for Gravitational Wave Discovery (OzGrav).
Such activities include the collection and administration of research output data, KPI’s and financial and budgetary information; student and staff administrative support and organising workshops and events.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Completion of a bachelor degree with extensive relevant executive administration experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate, liaise and work with people at all levels, both internal and external to the University with tact, maturity and appreciation of sensitive issues.
- Highly proficient computer skills, in particular MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, data management systems and database applications.
- Well-developed analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills, including the ability to interpret and effectively communicate policies, strategies and procedures within a complex environment.
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit: http://www.swinburne.edu.au/about/jobs/why-work-at-swinburne/
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in the university workforce increases the effectiveness of teams and our capacity for innovation. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2015 and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2020 vision to be Australia’s leading university of science, technology and innovation.
How to apply
To start an application, click on ‘begin’ at the bottom of the page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information, please contact OzGrav Chief Operating Officer, Dr Yeshe Fenner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you are experiencing technical difficulties submitting your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Applications close: 5pm, Friday 25th August 2017.