SALARY RANGE: An attractive remuneration package to be negotiated + plus 17% super
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Appointment is to a continuing Professor / Associate Professor. The MBA Directorship will apply for a three (3) year term and re-appointment will be by mutual agreement.
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
As MBA Director, you will provide academic leadership relating to the oversight and continuing innovative development of the Master of Business Administration suite of programs.
You will be a passionate educator with strong evidence of excellent teaching design and delivery. You will also engage in research of the highest quality, evidenced by an exemplary research record in journal publications, the generation of research income and supervision of higher degree candidates.
As MBA Director, you will be expected to:
- Provide academic leadership, oversight and continued innovation regarding the Master of Business Administration (MBA) suite of programs.
- Review and enhance the MBA program to ensure global competitiveness.
- Forge strong relationships with relevant professional groups, government and non-government organisations, overseas institutions, other academics, industry, alumni and the wider community.
- Provide whole-of-course oversight and coordination associated with the MBA, including course structure, unit composition, academic standards, assessment standards and related matters.
- PhD in a relevant discipline in the Deakin Business School.
- Extensive experience in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
- Demonstrate leadership skills including the ability to contribute to the leadership and management of the Faculty.
- Ability to work effectively within university systems, committee and board structures and decision making as part of a management team in a multi-campus organisation.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
telphone +61 3 8610 6135
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 10 September 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.