Head of Department/Professor of Marketing
SALARY RANGE: An attractive remuneration package to be negotiated + 17% super
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Appointment is to a continuing Professor position. The Head of Department role will apply for a three (3) year term and re-appointment will be by mutual agreement.
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Head of Department will provide outstanding academic and research leadership in the discipline of Marketing. In particular, the appointee will be responsible for overseeing the direction, strategy and performance of their discipline, ensuring effective leadership and management of all academic aspects of the Department, including enhancing the research profile, generating external research income, industry engagement, international collaboration and management of their workforce.
As Head of Department, you will be expected to:
- Lead the Department’s strategic directions and manage academic aspects including staffing, teaching and learning, research and industry engagement.
- Develop and implement a StrategicPlan which is designed to reflect and advance both the School and University strategic plans.
- Advance the Department’s teaching programs so as to ensure that they are attractive to students, aligned with professional standards and expectations, competitive in the marketplace and develops graduates who are highly regarded by employers.
- PhD in a relevant discipline.
- An established research reputation in internationally recognised scholarly publications with significant national and international linkages.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the strategic and academic planning of a Department and working collaboratively with senior colleagues in the preparation of such plans.
- Interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective collaborative working relationships with students, staff and other members of the University.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
telephone +61 3 8610 6135
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 10 September 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.