Head of Corporate Communications
Head of Corporate Communications
University of Reading
£58,655 - £70,915
The University of Reading is one of the UK’s leading research intensive universities, worthy of its place in the top 200 universities in the world. It is operating in a highly competitive, global market and it has never been so challenging to attract research income, students, academic and professional staff.
It is the role of the Marketing, Communication and Engagement (MCE) function to provide expert, professional marketing, engagement and communication strategy and delivery. We work in a matrix management model to build the University’s reputation, brand and profile, and deliver robust, innovative and global campaigns to support recruitment, fundraising and engagement targets.
The Corporate Communications team of 12 is responsible for the following specialist areas:
- Corporate communications, national, local media relations and social media
- Research communications and engagement
- Staff engagement
- Student engagement
- Community engagement
This is an exceptional opportunity for an outstanding candidate to make an impact. It is an ideal next step in your career, working at a high-profile educational organisation, with a big opportunity to lead on all aspects of corporate communications.
You will be highly motivated, astute and proactive. You will work with energy and confidence and be buzzing with ideas.
You will have excellent news nous to identify publicity and brand building opportunities and handle reputation risks. You will have proven ability to manage major communication projects, across multiple channels and integrated across the marketing mix. You will be able to build and maintain strong networks of internal and external stakeholders – and be an outstanding ambassador for the University.
You will generate innovative solutions to challenges where there may be no clear precedents. You must be able to work at pace in a fast-moving environment – able to spot opportunities early to stay ahead of our competitors.
You will have:
- Proven track-record in delivering high-impact corporate communications and engagement for high-profile, organisations
- Proven track-record in building organisations’ profile, reputation and brand PR.
- Proven record of winning trust and confidence at all levels including at Board and CEO-level.
- Experience as a confident and effective leader and manager
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills – and experience of presentation.
- Detailed knowledge of the UK and international Higher Education sectors and the political and business context in which they operate.
- Extensive experience in planning, developing and delivering marketing, communication & engagement strategy and delivery in large, complex organisations.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact either Fiona Blair, Director of Marketing, Communication and Engagement on 0118 378 5221 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Vincenzo Raimo, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Global Engagement) on 0118 378 7102 or email@example.com
To apply, please click on the apply button below.
Closing date: 28 August 2017.
Interview day: 9am to 4pm on Wednesday 6 September 2017.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and we welcome applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements which will be considered in line with business needs.