Talent Acquisition Assistant
Administrative Assistant in the Talent Acquisition group of the HR Department, Students and Associates section (HR-TA-SA).
You will join CERN's Human Resources (HR) Department, Talent Acquisition group, a cheerful and dynamic team which recruits candidates for various employment and training opportunities for undergraduates, graduates as well as experienced professionals. For more information see cern.ch/jobs.
You will join a dynamic team running the various employment programmes offered by CERN and you will:
- Act as first point of contact for all candidates' queries (email/phone) from across CERN's 22 Member States and beyond.
- Analyse and categorise the queries to propose communication and process improvements in close collaboration with the programme coordinators, where applicable proposing online or other solutions to better manage the information.
- Contribute to the smooth running of the various CERN programmes in terms of administrative assistance (web updates, surveys, communication, events and other initiatives).
- More generally, contribute to the global CERN candidate experience by proposing continuous improvements and streamlining administrative processes, taking an active role in ad hoc team projects as required.
Technical certificate or general secondary education in the field of HR or communication (or equivalent), with a strong IT component and/or equivalent experience.
Experience and competencies
The experience required for this post is:
- Experience in a customer-facing support role in a variety of administrative support tasks.
- Experience with the following would be an advantage:
- Online communication tools (e-mails, Content Management Systems such as SharePoint, Drupal) and social media (Facebook, Twitter) etc.
- Event Management tools: e.g. ticketing systems, online event booking tools.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Customer service.
- Text editing and proof-reading.
- Process improvement.
- Use of Office software packages: ms office, email, web-editing tools (e.g. drupal).
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Communicating effectively: expressing opinions, ideas and suggestions with conviction and in a logical/structured manner; keeping to the point; providing others with timely information.
- Building relationships: showing courtesy and consideration in dealings with others; being able to put self in the shoes of others in order to understand their needs and interests.
- Working in teams: contributing to promoting a positive atmosphere in the team through an optimistic and constructive attitude; addressing issues; working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities.
- Demonstrating flexibility: demonstrating a willingness to accept changing circumstances; supporting initiatives for change; adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements.
- Managing self: taking initiative beyond regular tasks and making things happen.
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand and speak both languages in professional contexts as well as the ability to prepare/draft and/or translate accurate texts in both languages.
Eligibility and closing date
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 10.09.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.