Digital Communications Officer
Job no: 0034403
Work type: Continuing
Faculty of Arts
Salary: $68,892 - $79,130 p.a. (pro rata) plus 17% superannuation
About The Faculty of Arts, External Relations Unit
The External Relations Unit in the Faculty of Arts is responsible for effectively supporting, integrating and coordinating the Faculty of Arts’ Alumni Relations, Industry Partnerships, Public Programs, Executive and Community Education as well as Marketing, Communications and Student Recruitment activities. The unit is responsible for all external engagement activities, both national and international, ensuring that all activities support the Faculty’s broader research, teaching, learning and internationalisation strategies. The unit works collaboratively with academic and professional staff across a number of business units of the Faculty, academic schools and graduate schools, as well as with the External Relations portfolio in University Services.
About the role
As part of the External Relations team within The Faculty of Arts and in conjunction with the Communications and Web Manager, the Digital Communications Officer implements and supports a content strategy to enhance engagement and build the Faculty and Graduate Schools’ reputation amongst its key constituencies. The role is responsible for developing innovative and high quality communications content through social media channels to support all aspects of marketing operations, including recruitment, PECE, engagement, public relations and alumni activity, to enhance the Faculty’s reputation and profile, nationally and internationally.
The role coordinates the Faculty of Arts content schedule and implements best practices across all digital and social media activities, including reporting and regular reviews.
The role requires close liaison with stakeholders across the Faculty, schools and University – working closely with the Digital and Online Channels team in External Relations.
About you - skills and attributes will be highly regarded:
- A relevant tertiary degree and professional experience in a similar marketing and communications or digital content role.
- Excellent copywriting skills, including demonstrated experience in writing, editing, proofing and producing content for social media, digital campaigns, media releases, and website copy.
- Highly developed organisational skills and ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to target various audiences and write to generate public engagement.
- A strong work ethic and initiative, commitment to continuous improvement, openness to new ideas and creative approaches to problem solving in complex settings.
- Experience managing a content schedule across a range of social media channels.
- Ability to perform tasks autonomously with accuracy and attention to detail, and work effectively as part of a small team.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 24 Aug 2017
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: 10 Aug 2017 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 24 Aug 2017 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time