Senior Lecturer in Management
Senior Lecturer – Level C (Supply Chain and/or Project Management)
- Deliver a high quality and engaging learning experience
- Full time, continuing role based at our Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $111,162 - $128,175 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turns 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The Department of Management, Sport and Tourism is committed to actively engaging with business, policy-makers and the professions in the pursuit of relevant and impactful (social and economic as well as academic) research and, where possible, seeks to effectively engage with the University’s Research Focus Areas (RFAs). In the context of the interplay between the new Learning Focus Areas (LFAs) and the RFAs, the department seeks to further explore cross college/cross disciplinary program innovations.
About the role
In this role you will:
- Design, coordinate and teach subjects and courses which provide a high quality learning experience
- Design innovative and effective curriculum which reflects developing best practice nationally and internationally, utilising various methodologies including online and blended learning.
- Contribute to La Trobe’s Scholarship of Teaching (SoLT) and disciplinary teaching pedagogy and research.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to others in subject or course level curriculum design and development and delivery of teaching.
- Conduct and lead innovative and high impact research and produce publications resulting from that research.
- Supervise Higher Degree by Research (HDR), honours and postgraduate students.
Skills & Experience
To succeed in this role you will have completed a PhD in Management or a relevant area and possess demonstrated experience in areas including, but not limited to:
- Completion of a PhD in Management (or cognate area)
- Demonstrated effectiveness in curriculum development and teaching in Management with a commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide leadership at course/program level.
- Proven ability to mentor and supervise undergraduate, honour and postgraduate students.
- Record of successful research student supervision relative to opportunity
- Success in obtaining research funding from grants/contracts/consultancies.
Please refer to the Position Description for other skills and experience required for this role.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday 10 September 2017
Position Enquiries: Prof Suzanne Young, Head of Department, Management, Sport and Tourism, Office of La Trobe Business School +61 3 9479 3140 / firstname.lastname@example.org
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please address Key Selection Criteria from the attached position description and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Kerryn Harbert, Recruitment Advisor +61 3 9479 1623.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job no (552824) under current vacancies.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.