Marketing and Recruitment Assistant
Faculty of Arts
Salary: $63,707 - $67,613 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About The Faculty of Arts, External Relations Unit
The Faculty of Arts External Relations Unit is responsible for a number of key Faculty strategic initiatives including alumni relations, industry partnerships, public programs, executive and community education as well as marketing, communications and student recruitment activities. As a collective the team are responsible for continuing to raise the profile of the Faculty of Arts and its graduate schools in both domestic and international markets to position it as the leading institution in these fields in the Asia Pacific region.
The unit works collaboratively with academic and professional staff across all five schools, both graduate schools a number of business units of the Faculty as well as with the External Relations portfolio in University Services.
About the role
The Marketing and Recruitment Assistant works within this team to support student recruitment and marketing activities for the Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Arts (Extended), graduate coursework and RHD. The incumbent will be responsible for enquiry management through the Nexus CRM system, attendance at domestic student recruitment events, assisting team members with conversion and recruitment activities to achieve targets and general administrative tasks.
The incumbent will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to balance priorities and competing demands in a busy and changing organisational environment.
About you - skills and attributes will be highly regarded:
- Undergraduate qualifications in a relevant discipline and or equivalent mix of education and relevant experience
- A strong customer focus with excellent customer service skills
- High level organisational skills to ensure effective completion of tasks within deadlines and the ability to plan, prioritise, monitor and evaluate
- Excellent communication, presentation, and public speaking skills with the ability to communicate with a broad range of people from students to senior officers of the University
- An enthusiastic approach to working as part of and contributing to a team
- Demonstrated use of initiative and responsiveness in planning and developing new ideas and approaches to ensure organisational objectives are achieved
- A knowledge of University of Melbourne policies and procedures relating to marketing and student recruitment
- Experience at utilising student administration/enrolment systems and CRM systems.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 23 Aug 2017
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria