Application Support Specialist
Closing Date: Open till filled
Contract Status: Full-time (Level 3 - fixed-term for 1 year; Level 4 - permanent)
Salary & Benefits: RMB136,000 to RMB264,000 per annum before all deductions, depending on qualifications and experience
Working Location: Ningbo
The successful candidate will be responsible for gaining a thorough understanding of the Oracle Campus Solution application implemented at The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) through Project Transform team so as to provide the requisite support after Go Live. Oracle PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and CRM is the new application being implemented for curriculum management and student administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent;
- Knowledge of supporting academic administration systems at Chinese higher education institutions;
- Planning and organization skills;
- Strong knowledge of MS Office;
- Ability to write and interpret technical specifications documents;
- Good customer service skills;
- 3 years’ experience of supporting existing systems in a business as usual environment;
- Experience of data cleansing and data migration;
- Experience of integrating existing systems to new systems;
- Excellent command of the English language, spoken and written.
- Project Management qualification;
- Knowledge of Oracle Campus Solutions and/or other global ERP system;
- Experience of managing multi-tiered security in a system.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Be aware of other IT programmes, whether headed by UK or UNNC, affecting UNNC and its implications on Applications Support;
- Analyze and resolve technical problems for established networks;
- Ensure the viability of IT architecture UNNC, including the procurement or change to current application, in collaboration with Project Transform team;
- Manage security on continuing and new systems;
- Understand the data complications affecting UNNC;
- Lead on the improvement of data quality at UNNC;
- Support data migration, including validation of data fields;
- Support the business and project team in designing Oracle Campus Solutions integration with continuing systems;
- Lead on decommissioning of local systems (including locally developed spreadsheets and databases);
- Ensure that UNNC has the local infrastructure needed to support Oracle Campus Solutions;
- Feed into global IT Disaster Recovery;
- Build a body of knowledge, specifically relating to the technical aspects of Oracle Campus Solutions, for UNNC to be sustainable after Project Transform;
- Ensure that users have the hardware and software required for Go Live.
Taken independently by the role holder
- Day to day decision making, within appropriate parameters, within the context of Project Transform at UNNC.
Taken in collaboration with others
- The role holder will be expected to work in close collaboration with colleagues at UNNC and Project Transform in order to achieve a successful implementation and comprehensive support after Go Live.
Referred to the appropriate line manager by the role holder
- Major and policy level decisions will be taken in conjunction with their line manager and other managers at UNNC and Project Transform team.
Scope of the Role
- This role requires the individual to be based at UNNC.
- The role requires an individual capable of working on their own initiative, often to very tight deadlines and one who is able to sustain a steep learning curve. There will be opportunities for training and in-role development of the individual. In addition, this role requires ad hoc travel to the UK and or Malaysia Campus.
How to Apply
Please send job application with the following documents before the closing date:
- UNNC Application Form (please download from here) http://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/about/documents/applicationform.doc
- Cover Letter;
Please kindly note that all documents should be completed in English and in Word/ PDF format.
Late or incomplete application will not be considered to be shortlisted.
Please send application and enquiries to email@example.com