- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Kirby Institute is the major research body in Australia with responsibility for research into the clinical and epidemiological aspects of HIV/AIDS. It is also responsible for research into the clinical and epidemiological aspects of other blood borne viruses and sexually transmissible infections.
About the role
- $90K-$113K plus (9.5% superannuation and leave loading)
- Fixed Term for 12 months
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
We are seeking up to two full time statisticians to join our Biostatistics and Databases team. The successful applicants will be responsible to the Head of the Biostatistics and Databases Program for the design and analysis of epidemiological and clinical studies conducted by The Kirby Institute.
The position holder’s primary obligation is the coordination or statistical analysis of specific research projects on HIV disease. Such projects may include: project statistician on HIV randomised clinical trials; longitudinal analyses of a large cohort of non-communicable disease outcomes in HIV-positive people; statistical and data management support for all aspects of large adult and paediatric HIV-cohorts in Asia-Pacific.
The position holder will also assist in the design of original research projects by members of other programs, at a variety of levels and will have the opportunity to develop original statistical methods.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Proven high level research and data analysis skills
- Proven track record of independent research in a related discipline
- Evidence of statistical analysis skills and knowledge of statistical software, evidence of good project management skills
- Postgraduate qualifications in statistics, public health, epidemiology or related area
- At the higher level, substantial experience and leadership in the conduct of clinical research with demonstarted research output.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Professor Matthew Law, Program Head, Biostatistics and Databases Program
T: (61 2) 9385 0862
Applications close: 26 August 2017