Group Practice Leader in Predoctoral Patient Treatment Center
Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine seeks applicants for a full-time faculty position to serve in an administrative role as a Practice Leader for the Predoctoral Patient Treatment Center in the Department of General Dentistry. This position will be based on an academic appointment at the rank of Clinical Assistant Professor or Clinical Associate Professor.
The role of Practice Leader for the Predoctoral Patient Treatment Center in the Department of General Dentistry is complex with broad responsibility for the management of a clinical practice comprised of approximately 14 third-year and 21 fourth-year predoctoral students. The position requires close collaboration with assigned clinical faculty and with the School’s Advanced Specialty Education programs and faculty.
The duties of a Group Practice Leader include:
- Serving as one of 18 Group Practice Leaders assigned to the School’s nine (9) predoctoral Group Practices (2 Group Practice Leaders are assigned to each Practice)
- Managing the Group Practice’s patient pool and student patient assignments and monitoring patient treatment progress
- Clinical Supervision
- Attend rounds at beginning of each clinic session
- Treatment plan Type II patients
- Collaborate with General Supervising Faculty during clinic sessions as needed
- Ensure that each session is proceeding smoothly
- Directly supervise students who require additional support
- Meeting with students to discuss treatment plans and CBCTs
- Meeting with students to review their cases and patient records three times a year
- Managing problems with patients, students, etc.
- Mentoring and advising students as required
- Evaluating and contributing to outcomes assessment metrics for students
- Signing out graduating students from their competencies
- Serving as a professional role model for students, colleagues and patients
- Maintaining proficiency in all aspects of digital CAD/CAM technology (CEREC)
- Ensuring compliance with established institutional and industry protocols and standards including quality and timeliness of patient care, patient follow up, accurate record keeping; working with Office of Clinical Affairs staff to ensure that patients are supported in all aspects of their treatment and care including: appointment booking and follow up, referrals, treatment planning, financial accountability, etc.
- In close coordination with their fellow Group Practice Leader, be responsible for the overall management of their assigned Group Practice
Applicants must possess a DDS/DMD degree, or foreign equivalent plus a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study (CAGS) from an accredited U.S. or Canadian dental school. Advanced specialty training in Restorative Dentistry is helpful. Prior teaching experience, experience in CAD/CAM and Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) and eligibility for full or limited dental licensure in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts are required.
Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine is located within the Boston University Medical Center which offers faculty and staff important opportunities for collaboration, advanced training, professional development and career growth.
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE BOSTON UNIVERSITY HR WEBSITE.
Electronic responses are preferred. Evaluation of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Salary and academic rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applicants should submit a personal statement delineating qualifications and goals, along with curriculum vitae and the name/title/addresses of three professional references who hold academic credentials to Alexa Myers, Administrative Coordinator, Clinical Affairs, Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail to: Alexa Myers, Administrative Coordinator, Clinical Affairs, Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine, 100 East Newton Street, Boston, MA 02118.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States