HDR Industry Engagement Placements Manager
5 days left
- Part Time
Macquarie is the University of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia’s leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We’ve helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia’s first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie, you’ll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by a beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
What we are looking for:
We are keen to develop opportunities for our HDR candidates with industry (all sectors) so that they can gain experience, skills and insight into different employment options. We are looking for someone who shares this objective. The person we are seeking will be very skilled in building productive relationships, they will have a natural capacity to build rapport with a diverse range of people and, will have a collaborative mindset.
Macquarie University's Higher Degree Research (HDR) Support and Development Team consists of four programs that complement and build upon each other. Housed within the Office of the Dean, HDR, these four programs – HDR Mentors, HDR Learning Skills, HDR Professional Skills and Supervision Enhancement – actively collaborate with Macquarie’s research community, faculties and other professional teams, as well as industry partners, to create meaningful and exciting research training initiatives.
The position of HDR Industry Engagement & Placements Manager will strengthen the capacity of the HDR Professional Skills Program within the Office of the Dean, HDR. The HDR Industry Engagement & Placements Manager will work in tandem with the HDR Professional Skills Program Manager and will contribute to and, collaborate closely with, ‘external relations’ teams across the university.
With the introduction of the Masters of Research program and, a substantial increase in the number of PhD graduates, there is a need to create and develop ‘industry’ experiences for Masters of Research and, PhD candidates and, increase career opportunities for them. The Australian government has provided support for national HDR industry placement schemes and, the position of HDR Industry Engagement & Placements Manager will be best placed to work collaboratively with these programs.
In addition, the HDR Industry Engagement & Placements Manager will engage with a broad range of employers, promoting the potential and value of employing MQU HDR candidates and graduates creating awareness of the value they bring to the workplace. The aim is to increase professional experience opportunities for HDR candidates, assist them to develop a clearer understanding of HDR graduate career options across a wide range of sectors, enhance their employability and, increase their employment prospects.
To be considered for this position, applicants must respond to the selection criteria below and attach as a separate document in the application process.
- Experience working in a partnership engagement environment with a proven ability to influence successfully and, build productive relationships across a broad range of employment sectors
- Knowledge of the dynamic ‘world of work’, transferable skills with an awareness of the need for personal responsibility in career development
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with an understanding of the needs of employers, in a rapidly changing marketplace
- A postgraduate qualification or progress towards a postgraduate qualification
- Strong computer skills including MS Office suite, database, CRM and project tracking tools.
- Ability to communicate complex information to a range of audiences.
- Proven capacity to work collaboratively and to find creative solutions to overcome obstacles.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and positively as part of a team, taking personal accountability for achieving high quality outcomes.
- Understanding of the HDR Support and Development initiative and its objectives.
- Masters of Research and/or PhD
- Knowledge of the Higher education sector and how relevant functions across universities interrelate.
- Awareness of the International Strategic Research Framework (2015) and its relationship to the University’s overarching strategic focus.
For further information regarding this role, please view the position description below.
Salary Package: from $96,328 – $107,186 per annum (pro-rata) (HEW Level 8)
Appointment Type: Part-time, 3 days per week, continuing
Specific Role Enquiries: Sally Purcell, HDR Professional Skills Program Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Enquiries: Melissa Mesiti, HR Consultant on email@example.com
Applications Close: Wednesday, 23 August 2017 at 11:55pm (AEST)
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.