Director in Marketing
The Director, Marketing is accountable for the strategic leadership, vision, management, and operational performance of the Marketing Directorate and ensuring that the objectives and activities of the Directorate are integrated and align with the JCU Global strategy, the strategic priorities of the Division and the University Plan.
The Director, Marketing is responsible for the development and implementation of the JCU marketing strategy both domestically and internationally. The incumbent will engage with stakeholders across JCU to ensure the Digital strategy (including web site and social media) aligns with and is consistent with the JCU brand. The Director will ensure that content development, public relations and relevant events are developed, implemented and align with the JCU Global strategy and University Plan.
The Director is responsible for market research and intelligence and will act as a catalyst for innovation in the marketing arena and across institutional functions in Administration, Research, Learning and Teaching and the Community and initiate and lead reforms in the strategic use of marketing tools toward the achievement of business goals.
The Director will provide strong, effective, visionary leadership, management, mentoring and professional development, (including performance review), to the staff of the Directorate, optimizing use of available resources and establishing a healthy culture of teamwork, transparency and openness, and maintaining strong communication channels at all times.
Division of Global Strategy and Engagement
The Division of Global Strategy and Engagement provides leadership and strategic direction within the University to support JCU’s ambition to become a world leader in education and research related to the tropics. The Division is responsible for development and oversight of the JCU global strategy and marketing, international and engagement strategies. Through a centralized business development function, the Division of Global Strategy and Engagement plays a critical role working with and across the Colleges and Divisions to ensure activities undertaken throughout the University align with the JCU global strategy.
The Division includes the Directorates of Marketing and Future Students and International as well as undertaking other activities including external relations, business development, special projects and oversight of the Cairns campus. The Division is outwardly focused and provides a centralised point for the facilitation, coordination and oversight of all marketing activities, student recruitment activities, international compliance, international student support, alumni, fundraising and external engagement both domestically and internationally.
The Marketing Directorate is responsible for oversight of the implementation of the JCU marketing strategy both domestically and internationally. The Directorate is responsible for a diverse range of marketing and related functions including brand, course and research marketing, digital strategy including the web and social media, advertising and publications, coordination/oversight of external facing events and participation in the processes around setting of fees, charges and scholarships.
Division of Global Strategy and Engagement
Principal accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership and strategic policy and operational advice in the area of marketing, both domestic and international, to the University and senior management and relevant key decision-making bodies and committees.
- Provide effective and efficient leadership, management and operation of the services and functions of the Marketing Directorate and the achievement of significant organisational objectives and programs including oversight of the Directorate’s budget, ensuring recommendations, advice and guidance lead to continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership, strategic advice and coordination in relation to the provision of: JCU brand positioning; reputation enhancement; content development; public relations and ensure consistency of brand voice across JCU.
- Provide leadership, strategic direction, development and management of the University’s marketing strategy and digital communications, in collaboration with senior management and lead strategy implementation including development of best practice policies, procedures and operationsto ensure consistency in quality and brand voice at all JCU events.
- Lead the development of marketing research and intelligence capability for JCU in order to provide robust data and analysis to inform current and future business development decisions, including the setting of domestic and international fees and charges.
- Participate in the development and collaborative approach to the setting of student fees, charges and scholarships.
- Demonstrate positive return on investment of marketing decisions on student recruitment outcomes.
- Maintain appropriate business continuity and disaster recovery operations across the marketing portfolio.
- Ensure business risks are identified and managed through effective risk management strategies and operations in accordance with the University risk management frameworks.
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with the senior executive and senior management and a broad range of stakeholders across the University community to build University capability in domestic and international marketing and market intelligence.
- Promote a partnership approach within the Directorate by providing strong, effective, visionary leadership, management, mentoring and professional development, (including performance review), establishing a culture of teamwork, transparency and openness, maintaining strong communication channels at all times.
- Utilise technical knowledge, interpersonal skills and creativity and operate with considerable autonomy, exercising a high level of responsibility to make decisions and resolve a diversity of complex issues which arise, or are delegated from the Deputy Vice Chancellor, Global Strategy and Engagement
- Lead, promote and facilitate the integration of strategies and initiatives that support the University's commitment to the principles of reconciliation, which exemplify respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage and the valuing of justice and equity for all Australians.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the University values.
- Lead and promote a culture that ensures that WH&S legislation is enforced across all areas of the Directorate and that staff have an understanding of their responsibilities in this area.
- Lead, support and promote the inclusion of sustainability initiatives in all aspects of operations, support the principles of the TropEco program and engage in commitment to JCU sustainability goals and objectives.
There are generic responsibilities that apply to all James Cook University staff.
- The Director, Marketing is required to observe the lawful and reasonable directions, policies and decisions of the University Council, understand and comply with the Enterprise Agreement, the Statutes and Rules of the University, the policies and decisions of the University Council and other appropriate University authorities, as in force from time to time.
- The Director, Marketing is required to demonstrate a personal commitment to ensure personal safety and the safety of others and contribute to the continuous improvement of our WHS performance. This includes the effective implementation and compliance with James Cook University WHS policies, procedures and safe systems of work, together with all relevant legislation, duties and obligations. Contribute to the continuous improvement of our WHS performance.
- The Director, Marketing is required to exercise proper discretion in all matters affecting the well-being of the University which involve public writing or speaking in accordance with the University’s Code of Conduct.
Selection and appointments will be assessed against selection criteria.
- Postgraduate qualification in marketing and extensive relevant industry experience with proven expertise and leadership in the management of significant human, financial and physical resources.
- Extensive experience and ability to perform and operate at a strategic level in the areas of marketing and market research (domestic and international), with clear accountability for performance and quality management and ability to develop best practice policies and procedures.
- Extensive experience in building brand recognition of a large complex organisation including the ability to act independently in an external environment.
- . Expert knowledge and a strong understanding of strategic directions within the Marketing arena and the applicability to the University's strategic direction.
- Demonstrated superior leadership and managerial skills and proven experience in leading and managing a diverse team, including the ability to manage organisational, cultural and systemic change.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, particularly the ability to articulate concepts and present complex analysis with clarity and professionalism.
- Strong customer focus with demonstrated facilitation, interpersonal and networking skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective, collaborative and productive partnerships and to negotiate effectively with a diverse clientele both internal and external to a large organization.
- Demonstrated sound understanding of trends and issues in Higher Education within Australia and the Global context.