Senior Secretary, WMU-Sasakawa Global Ocean Institute
Senior Secretary, WMU-Sasakawa Global Ocean Institute (GS-5)
Duty Station: Malmö, Sweden
The World Maritime University (WMU) is established by the International Maritime Organization. WMU’s mission is to be the world centre of excellence in postgraduate maritime and ocean education, professional training and research, while building global capacity and promoting sustainable development. With the University’s new strategic directions, specifically expansion of its mandate to include ocean-related matters, and strengthening ocean research, WMU is well positioned for this collaborative partnership with the Nippon Foundation.The WMU-Sasakawa Global Ocean Institute (Ocean Institute) has been established within the framework of the WMU. It is to be a world-leading center of excellence for ocean research, dialogue, capacity building and policy support in meeting ocean obligations, addressing existing and emerging challenges, and seizing the opportunities inherent in contemporary ocean governance and the 2015 sustainable development commitments.
The incumbent will report to the Director of the Institute. He/she will provide administrative and secretarial support to the Director and the Head of Research for the delivery of the pro gramme of work of the Institute.
The incumbent will in particular provide the following support services:
- Manage the agenda, arrange meetings and appointments;
- Provide secretarial and administrative support for meetings, seminars and conferences;
- Develop and maintain a filing system, including an electronic one;
- Prepare and manage correspondence, reports and documents;
- Draft routine correspondence and responses, and ensure follow-up action;
- Provide administrative support for Visiting Researchers as may be required;
- Responsible for travel arrangements, including accommodation, as may be required;
- Coordinate with the relevant internal services to ensure compliance with established policies, procedures and rules;
- Coordinate with the IT services to ensure optimal IT usage and functionalities;
- Update data bases and information on web sites;
- Undertake all other secretarial and administrative tasks as may be required or assigned by the Director.