Research Support Officer
Academic Support Office
Faculty of Arts
Salary: $68,892 - $79,130 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About the role
As part of the Academic Support Office within the Faculty of Arts and based in the School of Social and Political Sciences, the Research Support Officer (Staff and Students) will provide high-level administrative support for the School‘s Research Training and Research (Staff) activities, working collaboratively to deliver service and quality targets in these areas across the Faculty. The incumbent will maintain a high level of awareness of wider university policies and procedures, issues and activities relevant to the area of responsibility and will contribute to the development of administrative strategies and systems that will enhance the academic support services.
The position also works with Academic Services (University Services) to ensure the provision of support services to students enrolled graduate research programs.
About you - skills and attributes that will be highly regarded:
- A tertiary qualification or a mix of education and relevant experience.
- Sound time management skills including the ability to work independently and to manage competing responsibilities.
- Experience in the use of student systems including Student One
- Experience with the University’s research Training policies and procedures
- Experience in providing committee support including minute taking, preparing papers and communications
- Demonstrated ability to perform and work collaboratively in a team.
- Demonstrated aptitude for self-direction and motivation including an ability to work under pressure when dealing with a variety of tasks, conflicting priorities and multiple deadlines
- Experience working in the tertiary or government sector.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 20 Aug 2017
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria