National Coordinator (Offshore Programs) VU English
Senior Educator 1- $88,305 per annum. This is a full time fixed term position until 21 December 2018.
- Join an established offshore work-unit for students beginning their pathway program
- Use your exceptional learning and leadership skills to operate in an international setting
- Option to be based in China or Melbourne for the right candidate
About the Role
The National Coordinator will play a pivotal role managing the full range of operational requirements of the English component in a higher education pathway program, from recruiting and managing staff to developing and monitoring expenditure budgets. Implementing, overseeing and maintaining excellence in teaching and learning within the VU English Offshore ELICOS work units throughout China will be key elements of this dynamic role which also involves occasional travel to VU partner universities within China.
About the Person
You will have at least 5 years experience as either an English language instructor and/or in tertiary management in an international educational setting, preferably in China. Your proven ability to effectively oversee staff and students and successfully engage across all levels of personnel in a cross-cultural context will help set you up for success in this role as will your self-directed, patient, and flexible approach. Operating with minimal supervision and using your excellent organisational skills to complete cyclical tasks and meet deadlines, you will have a comprehensive knowledge of the Australian tertiary system, be a fluent English speaker and be fully competent using Microsoft software and online spaces for global communication. A postgraduate qualification, preferably a Masters in TESOL or education related will be a definite asset.
An example of duties you may perform will include:
- Maintaining overall responsibility for recruited teachers and offshore course coordinators.
- Implementing and monitoring the offshore ELICOS delivery across all sites in China.
- Planning and participating in the students’ final assessments at the end of the course.
Skills & Expertise
A full list of selection criteria is available in the Position Description.
- Accommodation in China provided, including utilities.
- Yearly travel allowance.
How to apply:
For a Position Description and to submit an application please visit our website www.vu.edu.au/jobs
Applications must be submitted as a single document comprising;
- A cover letter
- Your CV
- Your responses to the selection criteria listed in the Position Description
Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications close: 4 pm,Tuesday 22 August 2017
Victoria University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.