Senior Employee Relations Consultant
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by a beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
Human Resources provides support and advice to all academic and professional staff relating to the attraction, selection, performance, development and remuneration of the University's workforce. It also oversees the development of its leadership and management and ensures the University complies with relevant workforce legislation.
Employee Relations is a specialist HR team responsible for providing support to and advice on the development and implementation of the University's industrial instruments, remuneration frameworks including job evaluation, management of misconduct and/or performance issues, and liaison with unions on industrial issues.
The Office of Human Resources is currently seeking a suitably qualified Senior Employee Relations Consultant. Reporting to the Manager, Employee Relations you will:
- Lead case management of complex disciplinary and grievance issues
- Work in close consultation with the HR Client Relationships and other HR specialist teams to provide specialist advice
- Research, analyse and identify solutions to complex employee relations and human resources matters for senior staff to assist with decision making
- Provide advice and options to inform the University's industrial strategy to support strategic priorities
To be considered for the position, you must submit a cover letter (no more than 3 pages) which addresses the criteria below and upload this and your CV as part of the application process:
- Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, or Law, and/or related experience in a similar role
- Experience in leading case management, including the ability to negotiate with relevant Unions
- Demonstrated experience in providing stakeholder management, expert advice and action with respect to legislative, Enterprise Agreement and policy requirements
- Demonstrated ability to understand, mitigate and respond to risk in the context of Industrial Relations and Human Resources
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below.
This position requires a criminal record check.
Salary Package: from $112,204 - $118,506 p.a. (Level 9), plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: full-time, 18-month fixed term contract
Enquiries: Melissa Mesiti, HR Consultant on email@example.com or +61 2 9850 9732
Applications Close: Sunday, 20 August 2017 at 11.55 pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.