Independent Chair of Academic Board
The Academic Board is the peak academic body of the not-for-profit higher education AIE Institute. It is responsible for all higher education academic matters of the AIE Institute. The Academic Board is responsible for the academic oversight of the AIE Institute’s higher education courses and provides authoritative advice to the AIE Institute Governance Board. Its key objective is to establish and maintain the quality of higher education courses and all associated academic matters.
AIE Institute seeks expressions of interest for an independent Chairperson with academic governance experience of a higher education institution. The Chair serves a pivotal role in determining the effectiveness of the Academic Board and also contributes to the AIE Institute Governance Board.
The Academic Board meets quarterly. The appointment is for three years and subject to renewal.
Salary: An attendance allowance and expenses are payable
Key responsibilities of the Academic Board include but are not limited to:
- Oversight and maintenance of quality for all academic functions, including academic integrity and academic risks, monitoring outcomes for continuous improvement and acting on performance data
- Development and approval of new courses for endorsement by the Governance Board and submission to TEQSA for final approval
- Regular review, approval and quality assurance of current courses including endorsement by the Governance Board for submissions to TEQSA for renewal of course accreditation and Institute registration, or to apply for major changes
- Review and approval of academic policies and their implementation, including monitoring of effectiveness and currency
- Oversight of teaching, learning and scholarship, including the development and review of teaching and learning plans
- Establishing academic leadership requirements, monitoring academic staff qualifications and supporting staff development activities to ensure a high level of scholarship, teaching and learning
- Monitoring academic staff appointments and position descriptions, where required
- Benchmarking higher education courses and outcomes against other higher education providers or professional/industry standards and practices
- Promoting linkages with relevant professional/industry bodies to maintain currency of course content and outcomes
We seek a senior academic of high standing, preferably at the Professorial level, with Academic Board governance experience and experience in Teaching and Learning. The Chair should have a good understanding of AIE Institute’s purpose and operational challenges, have the skills to ensure the board works as a cohesive team, and can liaise with appropriate executive management of the higher education Institute. Familiarity with the digital entertainment sector and its education would be an advantage.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries please contact Casey Gregory on (02) 6162 5109