Digital Content Writer/Editor
- Transform the content on the ACU website as part of the ACU Public Website Project
- Work collaboratively with the project team and ACU’s stakeholder community
- Two full time fixed term positions and one part time fixed term position for 12 months based in Melbourne or North Sydney
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
Marketing External Relations (MER) at ACU provides a framework for building strong relationships between internal and external stakeholders with the capacity for this framework to expand, creating new opportunities and new ways to serve the community. MER at ACU is of mutual benefit to both the University and its external community, with its core aim to improve the position and reputation of the University while also connecting with and benefitting the wider community. The Digital Content Lead will directly manage the content strategy and rollout for the ACU Public Website Project, as well as providing strategic leadership and accountability to all content deliverables.
As the Digital Content Writer/Editor you will:
- develop compelling, insightful, persuasive and relevant content for the new ACU public website
- perform an editorial role ensuring strategic alignment, quality, SEO and web content best practices
- help design the structure, flow and business requirements of the website, create sitemaps and assist with content-related testing
- conceive, write and help guide the execution of persuasive content for all digital media.
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate:
- Degree qualifications in marketing or communications with subsequent relevant experience in a content management function in a large complex, knowledge-based organisation
- an understanding of web content including accessibility, usability, information architecture and writing for the web
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- an ability to effectively manage relationships when liaising with a variety of stakeholders within the organisation.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description here Digital Content Writer-Editor HEW 7 PD.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $91,723 - $99,271 pa, including salary component $83765 - $90,658 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 7), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Lucy Hellard, Senior Project Manager, Digital Strategy, on 03 9230 8358.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Tuesday 5 September 11:55pm
Advertised: 22 Aug 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 05 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time