Dean of Business/Head of Gold Coast Campus
An opportunity exists for an experienced and successful academic leader to join Southern Cross University, one of Australia’s most vibrant educational institutions. Southern Cross University has established a reputation for a progressive and innovative approach to higher education and has strong connections to the local community.
The Dean of Business and Head of Gold Coast Campus is a key member of the University’s senior management team and is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for providing academic and strategic leadership to the School of Business and Tourism and Gold Coast Campus aligned with the University’s strategic priorities. This role presents a unique opportunity to lead a highly accomplished, diverse and successful school in a fast developing location.
The Dean will lead the School of Business and Tourism driving a culture of innovation, entrepreneurship, quality and performance. Focal areas include research excellence, student engagement and success, the delivery of high-quality education, and internationalisation. External engagement and partnerships - locally and internationally - will also be key responsibilities. Additionally the Dean of Business and Head of Gold Coast Campus will promotethe Gold Coast Campus and the University in the region, developing strategic alliances and relationships with relevant local partners.
Required Skills and Experience
Ideally, the appointee will possess the following qualifications, skills, abilities and experience:
- A relevant PhD with a demonstrated high level of scholarly research with proven professional and industry experience in the business and information technology sector suitable to inform the strategy and activities of the School.
- A demonstrated capacity to lead and manage both academic and other complex organisations toward a common goal and the ability to both inspire and to actively guide staff toward a common vision.
- Proven experience in generating relevant new courses that fulfil the School’s KPIs and grow business school enrolments.
- Successful track record in managing an AACSB accredited business school or enabling a significant academic unit to obtain relevant accreditations.
- Proven ability to positively lead industrial change in a complex and large organisational business or academic environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills including high level consultation, negotiation and conflict resolution abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, network and build relationships within the University and with external stakeholders.
- Experience and knowledge of Indigenous Australian people, culture and communities.
- Evidence of strong contribution to, and success in, implementing strategic and operational goals relating to workplace health and safety, equity and cultural diversity.
Closing date: 11 September 2017
For further information please contact Dr Rachel Lucas, RLC Search on + 61 (0) 402 891 029 or email email@example.com.
To view the full position advertisement please click on the APPLY NOW button below where you will be redirected to the Southern Cross University website.
Website URL link below to be inserted into the ‘How do you want applicants to apply’ section