Athletics Business Coordinator
Description of Work Unit
The Colorado State University Department of Athletics sponsors 16 men’s and women’s intercollegiate sports and competes as a member of the NCAA Division I-FBS and the Mountain West Conference. The University is located in Fort Collins, Colorado, 65 miles north of Denver. More information on the University and its intercollegiate athletics program can be found at www.csurams.com and www.colostate.edu.
The Athletics Business Coordinator ensures that business office tasks and responsibilities are appropriately and properly processed and recorded in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The candidate will provide efficient and effective business and financial services to 16 NCAA Div. I-FBS sports and related units including Athletic Communications, Development, Equipment, Game Management/Facilities, Marketing and Digital Media, NCAA Compliance, Sports Performance, Student-Athlete Support Services and Ticket Operations with an overall annual operating budget in excess of $35M.
One year of clerical, technical accounting, or bookkeeping experience.
Current and valid driver’s license.
One year of college, university, or non-correspondence business school can substitute for the required experience.
The highly desired candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities, personal characteristics, and experience directly related and critical to this position:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience in intercollegiate athletics or professional sports.
- Microsoft Office proficient, especially Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated experience using financial database systems.
- Demonstrated experience using HRIS.
- Ability to accurately enter data and maintain attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing deadlines.
Essential Job Duties
Job Duty Category Business Services Duty/Responsibility
- Prepare, execute and reallocate financial documents within Kuali Financial System including but not limited to direct purchases, university credit card purchases, internal orders, work order authorizations, journal entries, accruals, requisitions and deposits
- Management of the department travel reconciliation process including reconciliation of travel authorizations, travel advances, and reimbursements for coaches, administrators and teams within the TEM’s Kuali system
- Management of the sports camps by providing business activities relating to financial recording, purchases, expenditures, reconciliation and staffing
Percentage Of Time 25 Job Duty Category Financial Reporting and Unit Impact Duty/Responsibility
- Assist in the oversight and maintenance of budgets for NCAA Sports and Athletic Offices and divisions
- Generate and analyze special reports comparing Colorado State University Athletics to peer institutions
- Management of the department cell phone program for NCAA Sports and Athletic Offices and divisions
- Assist in the preparation of the annual NCAA and Colorado State University System audits
- Assist in the preparation and processing of the fiscal year-end close
- Assist in general financial duties throughout the year
Percentage Of Time 25 Job Duty Category Human Resources Duty/Responsibility
- Onboard and maintain Athletic Department hourly staff including non-student hourly and student hourly/work study employees
- Process biweekly hour payroll in the Oracle HR system
- Management of leave records for Athletic Department Administrative Professional and State Classified employees
- Generate and analyze reports relating to leave balances, payroll and staffing
Percentage Of Time 25 Job Duty Category Compliance Duty/Responsibility
- Work with staff to ensure that adequate internal controls are installed
- Work with staff to ensure that substantiating documentation meets or exceeds internal and external audit requirements
- Ensure that all journal entries, work papers, reports and work processes are thoroughly documented
- Ensure that proper files are maintained in accordance with the University’s record retention policies
- Improve accounting processes and procedures to increase efficiency and timeliness
Percentage Of Time 25
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
- Clearly document job duties you have performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the Work Experience section on the application. Human Resources must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
- Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that Human Resources can calculate full-time work experience.
- The APPLICATION is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
- If an Application is considered “Incomplete”, the Application will be removed from consideration for the position.
- An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- An Application is incomplete if “see resume” (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- Positions requiring a degree or if using education as a substitution for work experience (eg: Associate or Bachelor’s) transcripts are required in order to verify receipt of the required degree or coursework. If official or unofficial transcripts are not supplied at the time of application, the Application is incomplete.
- When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening.
- Resumes will not be accepted in place of a completed application; however, some positions may still require a resume as a component for complete application materials.
**Please see the Required Documents section of the posting.
- The selection process for State Classified positions may include an exam(s), which requires candidates to physically appear (at the CSU campus in Fort Collins, CO) at the candidates’ own expense.
- All status updates for this position will be sent via email from firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to your Inbox, remember to check the Deleted and Junk folders for these important communications.
- Pertinent updates to your Application status can be obtained by logging into your application account at https://jobs.colostate.edu
DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
- Please check the Help link online at https://jobs.colostate.edu/help/ for assistance on your application or for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- All other inquiries should be directed to the Colorado State University Human Resources Office HR_Employment@mail.colostate.edu.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Valid Driver’s License
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.