Description of Work Unit
The Internal Auditing Department (IA) supports the mission of the Colorado State University System by providing an independent and objective assurance and consulting activity, designed to add value and improve the Colorado State University System operations. Internal Audit adds value by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluation of the effectiveness, efficiency, and application of accounting, financial, and other internal controls necessary to accomplish System and institutional objectives in compliance with policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, and sound business practices.
Plan, direct, perform, and report on internal audits of departments, functions, and programs of institutions of the Colorado State University System. Location of work may be at any of the CSUS institutions.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or related field.
- At least one year of related experience.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Professional certification such as CPA, CIA, CISA, or CFE.
- Experience in higher education.
- Knowledge, skills and experience in information systems and computer technology.
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Internal Audits Duty/Responsibility
- Perform audit procedures for all phases of an engagement, including planning, fieldwork, review, and reporting according to department standards, which include the International Professional Practices Framework promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Prepare workpapers, report drafts, and memoranda in accordance with department standards.
- Audits may include one or more of the following processes, depending upon scope:
- Understand risks and objectives when approaching audit steps, including assessing the risk of fraud.
- Exhibit the ability to conduct interviews, document results, and draw conclusions in a professional, comprehensive, clear, and concise manner.
- Exhibit the ability to independently produce workpapers (including narrative documents, detailed analyses, tables, and other documents) that are clear, concise, and organized in a logical way and fully support conclusions.
- Exhibit an awareness of time budgets and deadlines and make every effort to complete assigned audit steps timely and efficiently.
- Demonstrate growth in understanding audit procedures, controls, standards, and best practices in internal auditing.
- Proactively communicate to ensure the audit team stays abreast of audit issues and progress related to assigned areas.
- Exhibit the ability to build effective client relationships and communicate with clients regarding the audit process and results in a professional, comprehensive, clear, and concise manner.
- Demonstrate sound professional judgment, critical thinking, and ethical decision-making skills to recognize problems and propose solutions to address the issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well in both teams and independently.
Percentage Of Time 75 Job Duty Category Administrative Duty/Responsibility
- Assist Director as requested in:
- Conduct special reviews and other projects, as assigned.
- Acting as audit liaison between auditee and Director.
- Conducting staff training sessions.
- Identifying high-risk areas for potential audits.
- Sharing information related to Audit and Institutions environment.
- Other projects as assigned.
Percentage Of Time 25
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit a cover letter that addresses the minimum and preferred qualifications, a resume, and the contact information for three professional references. References will not be contacted prior to notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Search Contact Amber Riley, (970) 491-6176, email@example.com
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.