Academic Advisor - MCIS Program
Description of Work Unit
The College of Business at Colorado State University is comprised of 3,750 undergraduate and over 1,600 graduate students, 60+ tenured, tenure-tracked, and special appointment faculty and 20 adjunct faculty members. There are five academic departments in addition to several centers and institutes within the College whose national accreditation is regulated by the Dean’s office.
This work unit supports the mission and responsibilities of the College of Business to provide a robust, relevant, comprehensive curriculum across all graduate programs offered in the College, both in residence and at a distance. Programmatic offerings include five Master of Business Administration programs (Executive MBA, Online and Professional MBA, Global Social and Sustainable Enterprise MBA, and the Early Career MBA); department based graduate programs also under the purview and responsibility of this unit are the Master of Computer Information Systems, the Master of Accountancy, and the Master of Finance.
The Advisor and Program Specialist MCIS Program in the College of Business is a full-time, 12-month position reporting to the CIS Department Chair. The Advisor and Program Specialist works with students in the Master of Computer Information Systems (MCIS), The curriculum is offered in both classroom-based and distance delivery to students throughout world. The Advisor is responsible for admissions and student advising activities relating to the MCIS program during the application, admission and registration stage of the program cycle. In addition to the student-directed activities, this position is responsible for cross-program operations working with the CIS Department Chair on program performance analysis, market analysis studies, and outreach activities through tradeshows, exhibitions and special events.
This individual will advise graduate students in MCIS program. Primary responsibilities include advising graduate students with course selection and sequencing, orientation, registration, compliance with academic and Graduate School policies, and determining appropriate sources of assistance when needed.
Additionally, this individual coordinates retention and student engagement-related activities, communication, and events. The Advisor communicates with faculty, students, Instructional coordinators, and administrators as needed to ensure satisfactory academic progress for all assigned students.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and three years experience in academic advising
- Strong evidence of successful customer-service;
- Demonstrated experience working with databases or customer relationship management (CRM);
- Strong written communication skills;
- Detail orientation coupled with organization skills;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Demonstrated proficiency with data base and customer relationship management;
- Evidence of working independently and as a team member;
- Business operations experience;
- Higher education work experience;
- Experience with program and event planning, organizing and implementation;
- Experience working with diverse populations and/or diversity support services
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Academic and Student Advising Duty/Responsibility
- Performance of advising activities along with the Graduate Advisor regarding course selection and sequencing, registration, class schedule revisions, Graduate School forms, and class credit load recommendations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and relevant ability with, culturally diverse communities among potential target and constituent populations
- Interpret conflict management and conflict resolution decision-making skills when working with dissatisfied individuals. Interpret, apply and enforce University and College of Business policies and procedures, as well as State and Federal laws.
- Establish understanding, compassion and strength when working with individuals from diverse/cultural backgrounds (including international).
- Model personal and professional ethics in every decision made.
- Interpret curriculum requirements, options, sequencing patterns and best practices across programs while exploring student’s goals, future plans, challenges, and obstacles.
- Advise students online and in person in individual and group settings.
- Develop academic plans, including course selection and scheduling.
- Counsel students regarding degree options and academic standing, including students on academic probation and students who have been dismissed from their graduate programs.
- Deliver orientation and registration programming.
- Formulate transfer credit evaluations and determine transfer credit eligibility.
- Manage and update advising publications, websites, degree plans, and other resources.
- Conduct website analysis for consistency and quality assurance.
- Develop and manage registration processes and procedures to ensure students are registered consistent with university deadlines.
- Approve and administer course substitutions and waivers for degree requirements.
- Track students on academic probation and provide referral to necessary resources.
- Adapt university policies, Graduate School policies and processes, advising resources, electronic databases, degree requirements, CSU Online policies and processes to College of Business graduate programs.
- Facilitate submission of Graduate School and CSU Online student requirements.
Percentage Of Time 80 Job Duty Category Event Coordination and Public Relations Duty/Responsibility
- Initiate contact with prospects for the MCIS Program, build a service-based relationship for the College of Business with prospects from the inquiry through the enrollment cycle;
- Promote the benefits and value propositions of the College of Business’ MCIS programs to those inquiring and provide outreach to targeted groups;
- Work closely with the CIS Department Chair on market and performance analysis studies;
- Design and implement online and on-campus MCIS student orientations.
- Facilitate planning and implementation of MCIS commencement activities.
- Represent the College of Business at University events and activities.
- Deliver targeted events aimed at promoting student engagement and connection and events that encourage interaction with other graduate students, faculty, and staff.
- Collect, analyze, and report on data to better understand student-focused community programming.
- Develop and maintain support documentation and resources.
Percentage Of Time 15 Job Duty Category Record Maintenance Duty/Responsibility
- Reporting activities in support of the MCIS program;
- Integrate information into and pull reports from the CRM database;
- Insure maintenance of student records via efficient application of higher education technology tools, including SalesForce.
Percentage Of Time 5
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit a cover letter that addresses the required and preferred qualifications, a CV or resume, and contact information for three professional references/reference letters. References will not be contacted without prior notification. Full consideration deadline is August 13, 2017, 11:59 pm (MST) and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Search Contact Dr. Jon Clark - firstname.lastname@example.org
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.