OMAO Learning Management System Administrator
Description of Work Unit
The Cooperative Institute for Research in the Atmosphere (CIRA) at Colorado State University seeks to fill a full-time Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator and Course Developer position for its collaborative research as a Cooperative Institute with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA’s) Office of Marine and Aviation Operations (OMAO) Learning Office. This position is located in a federal facility in Kansas City, MO and requires the ability to pass a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI, federal background check) for building access.
The OMAO Chief Learning Officer (CLO)/Learning Office is located at National Weather Service Training Center (NWSTC) in Kansas City, MO as part of a NOAA agreement to share resources and mutually support common training. The OMAO Learning Office is responsible for the development and implementation of OMAO learning policy; and the management and maintenance of OMAO’s LMS and training portal (a Google Site), and providing leadership training to staff. The agreement to share resources includes use of common techniques, hardware and software systems by both line offices, and collaboration on joint use projects.
The individual in this position supports the OMAO Learning Officer/Office to administer the learning management system and provide administrative support to resident courses, up to 3 courses per year. He/She will report to the CIRA Associate Director.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience in government administration and/or instructional oriented environment.
- Ability to pass a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI, federal background check) for federal building access.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc);
- Experience with learning management system(s) or similar database;
- Experience with basic image editing, webpage development.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Web development skills (HTML);
- Experience using Google apps such as Sites, Forms and Drive;
- Educational development software skills (Camtasia, Articulate, and similar development tools); and
- Knowledge of adult educational practices and instructional development;
- Willingness to learn new skills for professional growth within the position.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and meet project deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to perform responsibilities with a high degree of discretion for handling sensitive and personally identifiable information (PII) information;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal skills) and effective inter/intrapersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams with customers and other staff members.
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category System Administration Duty/Responsibility
- serve as the OMAO Learning Office Learning Management System Administrator, within the Cornerstone On-Demand based, Commerce Learning Center (CLC);
- work with all OMAO Division points of contact (POCs) to maintain an updated system;
- configure, manage, and document the LMS Reporting environment;
- train OMAO Learning Coordinators to use the LMS system;
- work with OMAO Learning Coordinators and subject matter experts to oversee and maintain OMAO’s Commerce Learning Center (CLC) content/custom pages;
- provide CLC training and technical support to on-line course designers;
- maintain expert proficiency within Commerce Learning Center (CLC).
Percentage Of Time 80% Job Duty Category Resource & Administrative Management Duty/Responsibility
- support organizational resident training events, classes, and conferences (up to 3 total per year);
- assist in resident course preparation logistics including printing materials, shipping materials, travel, budgeting and managing classrooms;
- track training events, including attendees and costs of materials, travel and contracts;
- monitor and account for the maintenance and accuracy of databases and spreadsheets of educational administrative information in accordance with audit rules and procedures;
- co-manage and maintain the OMAO’s Learning Office OMAO Intranet site;
- investigate costs and develop procurement options for training materials and supplies;
- adhere to published DOC, NOAA, OMAO and OPM policies, directives, and standard operating procedures.
Percentage Of Time 10% Job Duty Category Project Development Duty/Responsibility
- assist educational projects with research, instructional development, publishing, etc;
- build collaborative training between NOAA Offices, such as developing presentations and online materials, tracking student progress;
- maintain proficiency on the latest technologies and standards in adult education.
Percentage Of Time 10%
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please utilize the cover letter to address the required and preferred qualifications.
References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Search Contact Jennifer.Raab@colostate.edu
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.