Lakewood Office Administrative Assistant
Description of Work Unit
The Livestock Marketing Information Center (LMIC) began over 60 years ago. It is a North American cooperative effort involving 28 U.S. Land-Grant University Extension programs, six USDA agencies, and associate industry and educational organizations. Associate members include both U.S. and Canadian institutions. Our mission statement is “provide timely and comprehensive livestock marketing resources through cooperation”. The LMIC is a non-advocacy virtual center of excellence. Commodities/sectors focused on are cattle/beef; hogs/pork; sheep/lamb; dairy; poultry; and feedstuffs.
Staff continuously produces unbiased and science-based materials to strengthen and supplement education and research activities of cooperating institutions. In particular, specialists at the Center conduct applied market analysis and staff maintain a comprehensive database. The LMIC maintains a website (www.lmic.info) and uses other forms of electronic distribution.
This position is supported by a combination of funds from the participating cooperating institutions and is administered by Colorado State University Extension. The position is located in Lakewood, Colorado, a suburb west of Denver and located on the eastern slope of the Rocky Mountains. Several Federal and state government agencies are located in the area. Key agricultural organizations and industries are located in Denver. The metropolitan area is an important regional center for transportation and recreation as well as cultural activities.
The individual in this position is part of the LMIC staff, working under the supervision of the Center Director. The person in this position primarily assists the Center Director and other LMIC staff as needed.
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- Two full-time years of general clerical experience.
The ideal candidate will possess many of the following:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong data entry/computer skills
- Ability to efficiently and accurately input market data into spreadsheets
- Proficient and competent in using of Microsoft software, specifically in MS Excel and Word
- Ability to prepare invoices and maintain billing records
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a small office, be a team player, and work independently when needed
Essential Job Duties
Job Duty Category Clerical Assistance Duty/Responsibility
- Serve as the administrative assistant to the the Center Director and other LMIC staff as needed
- Answer incoming calls, provides information to callers, assists walk-in clients
- Make travel arrangements for LMIC staff and assists staff with processing travel reimbursements
- Assist with planning and developing conferences and meetings
- Perform general office tasks such as ordering office supplies and filing documents
Percentage Of Time 40% Job Duty Category Data Entry/Computer Tasks Duty/Responsibility
- Efficiently and accurately input market data into spreadsheets
- Prepare invoices and maintain billing records
- Browse and research websites of government agencies to gather data and information
Percentage Of Time 60%
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
- Clearly document job duties you have performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the Work Experience section on the application. Human Resources must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
- Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that Human Resources can calculate full-time work experience.
- The APPLICATION is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
- If an Application is considered “Incomplete”, the Application will be removed from consideration for the position.
- An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- An Application is incomplete if “see resume” (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- Positions requiring a degree or if using education as a substitution for work experience (eg: Associate or Bachelor’s) transcripts are required in order to verify receipt of the required degree or coursework. If official or unofficial transcripts are not supplied at the time of application, the Application is incomplete.
- When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening.
- Resumes will not be accepted in place of a completed application; however, some positions may still require a resume as a component for complete application materials.
**Please see the Required Documents section of the posting.
- The selection process for State Classified positions may include an exam(s), which requires candidates to physically appear (at the CSU campus in Fort Collins, CO) at the candidates’ own expense.
- All status updates for this position will be sent via email from email@example.com. In addition to your Inbox, remember to check the Deleted and Junk folders for these important communications.
- Pertinent updates to your Application status can be obtained by logging into your application account at https://jobs.colostate.edu
DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
- Please check the Help link online at https://jobs.colostate.edu/help/ for assistance on your application or for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- All other inquiries should be directed to the Colorado State University Human Resources Office HR_Employment@mail.colostate.edu.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Valid Driver’s License
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.