Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor in Architectural Construction
UNSW has one of the largest built environment faculties in Australia and is internationally renowned for its comprehensive range of degree programs and interdisciplinary education. Playing a seminal role in Australian architectural education we can claim many distinguished alumni who have advanced architecture in the Asia-Pacific region.
With a focus on research and education relevant to the design, planning and development of cities in the 21st century we deliver high impact research and graduates equipped with the knowledge and practical skills required to realise sustainable urban environments of enduring cultural value.
About the Role:
After implementing a new curriculum in 2016 to deliver a range of streams the Faculty is investing in research infrastructure and the appointment of senior academics to drive the High-Performance Architecture Group.
- $123K-$162K plus 17% superannuation and leave
Key to this is securing academics disciplined in environmental technology and architectural sciences.
You have established yourself as both a research and teaching academic in architectural construction. You are now looking for the opportunity to extend and galvanise a distinguishing strength of a leading School of Architecture.
- A research track record and profile in the nexus between architectural design and construction
- Ability to attract competitive external research funding
- Capacity to cultivate research and teaching networks within the faculty and industry
- Proven method in teaching student cohorts of diverse cultural and language backgrounds
- Desire to contribute to leadership and engagement within the Faculty, University and the broader community
What sets you apart is your ability to inspire those around you to lead the conversation about the future of our buildings & cities and support the development of high performance architecture to meet the challenges ahead.
Please apply online. You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
Applications close: Sunday 3rd September