Assistant Research Fellow in Business
Closing Date: 20 August 2017
Contract Status: Full-time (Fixed term two year)
Salary & Benefits: RMB98,000 per annum before all deductions, depending on qualifications and experience
Working Location: Ningbo
The job holder will assist on Dr. Xiuping Hua’s research projects on Financial Inclusion, Mergers and Acquisitions, Financial Technology and conduct large data processing and financial modelling programs.
- Master’ degree in Finance and Economics or equivalent;
- Research skills including data analysis and report writing;
- Evidence of previous statistics skills or training on research software such as Matlab, SPSS, Stata etc;
- Experience of Working in an international organization;
- Evidence of good research skills, e.g., high quality Master dissertation;
- Good time management;
- Attention to details;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Good communicator;
- A team player with integrity who are willing to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary research environment;
- Self-motivated and hardworking.
- PhD degree in Finance or Economics;
- Evidence of professional research and training experience and have excellent research skills, e.g., active participation in large academic research projects resulting in the publication of academic articles and/or books;
- Acknowledgement of able research assistance in published articles or books.
- Excellent time management;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in both English and Chinese;
- Ability to work independently when required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Questionnaire administration;
- Conduct literature reviews;
- Archival data collection;
- Statistical analysis;
- Conduct interviews with managers;
- Transcribe and translate interviews;
- Help writing articles and reports if skills and team needs make this needed;
- Some administrative work as required;
- Participate in training and staff development schemes as trainer or trainee as appropriate;
- Maintain appropriate professional development, expertise and awareness;
- Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be required.
This job description may be subject to revision following discussion with the person appointed and forms part of the contract of employment.
How to Apply
Please send job application with the following documents before the closing date:
- UNNC Application Form (please download from here); http://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/about/documents/applicationform.doc
- Cover Letter;
Please kindly note that all documents should be completed in English and in Word/ PDF format.
Late or incomplete application will not be considered to be shortlisted.
Please send application and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org