PACE International Program Officer
3 days left
- Full Time
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
Professional and Community Engagement (PACE) is a University-wide initiative designed to provide undergraduate students with experiential learning opportunities with a range of local, regional and international partners. For more information about PACE, go to www.pace.mq.edu.au
PACE is seeking an engaged and motivated administrator with strong cross-cultural awareness to join the PACE International team. Reporting to the PACE International Program Coordinator, the primary purpose of the role is to connect community development and/or professional organisations with Macquarie students and staff to work on priority activities identified by the partner. This involves contributing to risk management plans, monitoring and evaluation of student activities.
Some weekend and evening work, and international and domestic travel may be required in this role.
To be considered for this position, please apply online with your CV and a cover letter (no more than 2 pages) addressing each of the selection criteria below.
- Knowledge of volunteer program management and/or international study or tour management
- Professional experience in cross cultural environments together with demonstrated cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Administrative experience within an international partnerships environment and/or the University governance and regulatory framework.
- Demonstrated capacity for, and experience in, building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of project co-ordination principles and practices and risk management, together with practical experience in managing projects to completion with strong attention to detail.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated skill and experience in public speaking and delivery of presentations to diverse audiences.
Salary Package: from $77,894 p.a. (Level 6), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: full-time, continuing position
Specific Role Enquiries: Dr Allison Simons on email@example.com or +61 2 9850 4474
Applications Close: Sunday, 20 August 2017 at 11.55 pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.