Professor and Discipline Lead, Social Work
- Provide leadership in the accreditation of the national curricula for Social Work
- Make original contributions to scholarship, research and teaching
- Full-time, continuing position located in Brisbane. (Strathfield in Sydney and Canberra in ACT would also be considered)
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community that welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
Operating within the Faculty of Health Sciences, the National School of Allied Health is located on five of the University’s campuses (Melbourne, Canberra, Strathfield, Sydney and Brisbane) and is responsible for delivery of programs in four professional disciplines: Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology, Public Health and Social Work.
You will provide leadership in research, scholarship and teaching in your discipline, as well as enhance the student experience and life. As Discipline Lead, you will make an outstanding contribution to the governance and collegial life inside and outside the University and build relationships with external organisations and communities. The primary focus of the role is to make significant contributions to the development, implementation and ongoing accreditation of the national curricula for Social Work.
More specifically you will:
- provide professional supervision to the Social Work staff of the School
- engage with relevant industry, government and non‐government organisations, accreditation and/or registration bodies, and relevant committees
- work in conjunction with the School of Allied Health leadership group and the Associate Dean (Learning and Teaching) to administer the courses of the Discipline, including admission, instruction and assessment of students
- work in conjunction with the School of Allied Health leadership group and the Associate Dean (Research) to develop an active research and research training environment.
You will need to demonstrate:
- a doctoral qualification in social work or equivalent (social work practice is desirable)
- ability to provide academic leadership in teaching and learning, research, professional activities and internationalisation
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- a significant academic research profile in a relevant area in higher education, including a strong relevant publication record and ability to deliver effective research training.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Information Pack Professor and Discipline Lead - Social Work.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed on page 10 of the Information Pack. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $208,070 pa, including salary component $176,678 pa (Academic Level E), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Professor Christine Imms, National Head of School of Allied Health on (03)9953 3404.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Applications Close: Sunday 3 September, 2017
Advertised: 02 Aug 2017 E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 03 Sep 2017 E. Australia Standard Time