Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in Business
6 days left
- Full Time
Centre for Business and Social Innovation, UTS Business School
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The Centre for Business and Social Innovation (CBSI) is seeking to recruit an exemplary Post-Doctoral Research Fellow to join the team in a research, teaching and operational role.
CBSI provides a unique perspective on innovation research that integrates the technological, the economic, the environmental and the social. Our focus includes both the role of business in changing society and the role of society in changing how we do business.
The Centre has three research streams:
- The Future of Business in Society
- The Future of Innovation and Innovative Systems
- The Future of Work, Organising and Enterprise.
The research component of this role will have an initial focus on the theme: the Future of Innovation and Innovative Systems.
In this role, you will:
- Undertake research for the Centre in the field of Industry 4.0 (creating smart industries through cyber-physical systems), relating to areas such as supply chain mapping, business model innovation, and technology roadmaps and strategy
- Develop your own publication agenda based on the experience gained through the Centre’s research project
- Engage with the UTS community through teaching in our state-of-the-art collaborative teaching spaces.
To be successful in this role at Level A or B, you will have:
- A PhD in an area aligned to the Centre’s research program
- Expertise relevant to an Industry 4.0 project, such as supply chain mapping, business model innovation, and technology roadmaps and strategy
- Experience in working with industry on collaborative projects or in a role in industry
- Demonstrated capacity for team work and collaboration with stakeholders.
To be appointed at Level B, you should be also able to provide evidence of your capacity to work with a high level of independence. Specifically, you will have experience in:
- Managing the delivery of research projects from end-to-end
- Managing stakeholder relationships
- Coordinating the work of research staff.
This is an opportunity to work for an interdisciplinary Research Centre focused on engagement and collaboration, that will ultimately increase the intensity, excellence, impact and reputation of our research.
Base Salary Range: $75,120 - $114,343pa (Level A to B)
This role attracts 17% superannuation in addition to the base salary. Employee benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This position is full time and appointment will be made on a fixed term basis for 3 years.
How to Apply
Prior to commencing your application for IRC98659, please review the Position Statement and the relevant selection criteria. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Answering Selection Criteria
To apply, please provide the following:
- Cover letter outlining how you meet the position’s selection criteria
- Brief statement explaining your research activity and interests, and how this aligns to the Centre’s research program (1-2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae, highlighting any research studies, projects, work completed and research outputs/publications
- Writing sample, written in English, preferably academic and in the area of intended study
- Details of two referees (referees will not be contacted without your prior consent)
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC98659.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: Wednesday 30th August 2017 at 11.59pm (AEST)
Please note: If you have a disability that requires adjustment to the recruitment process or an alternative application pathway please contact email@example.com for assistance.
We are committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.