Privacy Coordinator and FOI Coordinator
Job no: 0037244
Work type: Fixed Term
- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Legal and Risk, University Services
Salary: $99,199 to $107,370 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Privacy Coordinator and Freedom of Information Officer is a member of the Policy, and Compliance Education Team which sits within the Legal and Risk portfolio.
About the role
We are seeking an expert in Privacy and Freedom of Information legislation who thrives on change and can bring fresh ideas. Providing advice in two distinct but related functional areas, privacy and freedom of information, the Privacy and Freedom of Information Coordinator requires knowledge and experience in complaint handling processes and in the management of requests for information in line with statutory obligations.
The role requires the ability to effectively engage with and respond to requests in a timely and effective manner, managing and maintaining working relationships and providing timely and accurate information and reports in accordance with regulatory and operational requirements for the University.
Other key responsibilities include:
• Effectively managing, investigating and resolving the outcomes of complaints and information requests;
• Working productively across the whole University, including other campuses and with statutory agencies;
• Training and educating staff and students on Privacy and FOI policies/processes
• Strong knowledge of privacy legislation and data information & governance frameworks
• Experience with complaints, compliance, and public information access and privacy protection processes.
• Be able to work effectively within a team environment and acting in a highly professional manner
• Experience working in a highly regulated environment
• Highly developed interpersonal skills
• An ability to resolve problems while managing competing priorities and timeframes
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 21 August 2017
Position Description & Selection Criteria
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: 03 Aug 2017 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 21 Aug 2017 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time