Senior Research Associate
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The ARC Centre of Excellence in Population Ageing Research (CEPAR) is a unique collaboration bringing together academia, government and industry.
Our innovative research is providing global solutions to the economic and social challenges of population ageing and building a new generation of researchers to global standard with an appreciation of the multidisciplinary nature of population ageing.
About the role
- $101,524 to $119,683 p.a. plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- 2 Year Fixed Term Contract
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
CEPAR offers an exceptional opportunity for a suitably qualified applicant to join a multi-disciplinary research team committed to transforming thinking about population ageing and establishing Australia as a world leader in the field.
The Senior Research Associate will join a team based in CEPAR’s Australia-China Population Ageing Research Hub and perform research on projects within the hub’s portfolio as well as support the development of collaborative research within the hub. Research topics include households’ retirement timing decisions and retirement financial planning, the role of housing for retirement income, the development of retirement financial products, as well as the analysis of public policies addressing retirement income, health and aged care.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A PhD in economics, econometrics, actuarial studies or a related discipline, or close to completion of a PhD.
- An outstanding research record in a field relevant to the focus of the Australia-China Population Ageing Research Hub.
- Excellent computing and data analysis skills, and excellent communication skills.
You should systematically address the selection criteria outlined in the Position Description in your application.
Contact: Dr Katja Hanewald, Senior Research Fellow, CEPAR China hub
T: (61 2) 9385 6174
Applications close: 1 September 2017