Lecturer in Management
Coordinate subjects, deliver engaging teaching through a variety of methods, contribute to the research culture, and undertake administrative tasks.
- Foster excellence in teaching and learning, and research
- Full time, continuing role based at the Bendigo campus
- $90,748 to $107,758 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turns 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The Department of Management, Sport and Tourism is committed to actively engaging with business, policy-makers and the professions in the pursuit of relevant and impactful (social and economic as well as academic) research and engages proactively with the University’s Research Focus Areas (RFAs). In the context of the interplay between the Learning Focus Areas (LFAs) and the RFAs, the department seeks to further explore cross college/cross disciplinary program innovations.
About the role
In this role you will:
- coordinate subjects, and deliver engaging teaching through a variety of methods;
- contribute to the research culture;
- undertake administrative tasks;
- contribute to the supervision of Higher Degree by Research and Honours students;
- keep up to date on innovations relating to teaching and learning;
- encourage the intellectual development of students and their career aspirations; and
- contribute to the building of relationships within the community.
Skills & Experience
To succeed in this role you will have completed a PhD in Management or a relevant area and possess demonstrated experience in areas including, but not limited to:
- Demonstrated effectiveness in curriculum development and teaching in Management, with a commitment to excellence in teaching;
- Capacity to engage with innovations in cross-campus teaching;
- Demonstrated capacity to undertake research in management or cognate area, with appropriate evidence of publications, quality and impact, relative to opportunity;
- Capacity to supervise or co-supervise honours and postgraduate research students;
- Evidence of capacity to make effective contributions to administration at the Department and School level.
Please refer to the Position Description for other skills and experience required for this role.
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday 3 Septemebr 2017
Position Enquiries: Prof Suzanne Young, Head of Department, Management, Sport and Tourism, Office of La Trobe Business School +61 33 9479 3140 / email@example.com
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please address Key Selection Criteria from the attached position description and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Kerryn Harbert, Recruitment Advisor +61 3 9479 1623.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job no (552649) under current vacancies.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.