Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Modelling Healthcare Systems
This is an opportunity to work as part of a collaborative team on an innovative project funded by an Australian Research Council Linkage Grant held jointly by the University of Tasmania, the University of Melbourne, and Monash Medical Centre.
In this project we aim to analyse some healthcare systems using a variety of mathematical models with a view to better understand them, and to provide meaningful results that will enable healthcare practitioners to be better informed when making decisions.
In the role you will:
- Undertake high-quality research of national and international standing in the field of modelling health care systems to meet project milestones of the Australian Research Council Linkage Grant LP140100152.
- Prepare scientific papers, liaise with project partners and submit manuscripts for publication.
- Contribute to the preparation of progress reports to agreed stakeholders, ensuring reporting obligations to grants are met and recommendations on future directions for the research are provided.
- Prepare and deliver results at relevant national and international meetings.
- Make an effective and sustained contribution to the University in achieving its strategic objectives and fulfilling its operational responsibilities
You will be employed on a full time, fixed term basis for 18 months.
To be considered, you will have:
- A PhD in mathematics or equivalent in a relevant field
- Demonstrated ability to undertake high quality research in in applied probability and stochastic operations research, or a related field.
- A high level of stochastic modelling skills.
- Strong computational skills.
- An excellent publication record in international peer-reviewed journals, relative to opportunity.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level A, Step 6 and will have a total remuneration package of $96,121 comprising base salary of $82,155 plus 17% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Dr Malgorzata O'Reilly, Senior Lecturer in Applied Mathematics, Malgorzata.OReilly@utas.edu.au / 03 6226 2405.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria. The position description for this role is available on the University of Tasmania website.
Applications close Monday, 21 August 2017.