Manager - Students & Markets
Strategy, Planning and Performance (SPP)
Business Intelligence & Analytics
- New and growing team
- Ongoing appointment
- Level 8: $94,637 to $103,646 (plus 17% superannuation)
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environment, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team: the Strategy, Planning and Performance (SPP) division leads the development and maintenance of university wide integrated strategic plans, planning processes, initiatives and performance requirements to support the University in the achievement of its objectives and enhance the University’s overall performance and reputation. The Division also coordinates the development of a corporate Management Information System and the provision of timely and accurate business intelligence, information, reporting and risk and legal services to support effective planning and decision making across the University.
About the opportunity: reporting to the Associate Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics, you will lead a team of data analysts who play a significant role in developing predictive analytics to provide insights that support business outcomes and decision making. In addition, you will:
- lead the development of analytical solutions to business problems drawing on qualitative and quantitative data;
- collaborate with other sections of SPP to systematise selected cyclical and operational reports;
- write detailed reports and recommendations recognising the needs of various audiences;
- engage with clients to identify and document business insight needs;
- advise on appropriate modelling, analytical, forecasting and visualisation techniques for decision support;
- work with IT to inform business intelligence and analytics technology business requirements;
- maintain a contemporary knowledge of analytics and visualisation techniques;
- support, as appropriate, the commissioning of third party analytical services; and,
- help establish and impose a quality assurance and usability regime for all analytics.
About you: this position is well suited to an individual with significant experience in econometrics and market segmentation analysis.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- postgraduate qualifications in a quantitative discipline;
- substantial and extensive experience and skills in predictive analytics;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills and high-level consultation and negotiation skills;
- excellent planning and organisational skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet deadlines;
- an ability to determine long term planning and key strategic direction;
- an ability to lead and work collaboratively in a multi-team environment;
- excellent conceptual and analytical skills;
- experience in developing, implementing and improving processes and procedures; and
extensive experience with databases, high-level Microsoft Excel skills for analysis and the ability to manage data collections.
Full details of the position’s responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: Monday 11th September 2017
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 305298.pdf
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016)
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity