Cyber Security Specialist
- Continuing, Full Time
- Information and Technology Directorate (IaTD)
- CQUniversity Rockhampton
- Total Remuneration, $128,411 to $134,533
Your New Division:
Are you passionate and motivated about delivering expert information security practices and improving operational ICT capabilities? Can you demonstrate a high level of information security expertise to support internal teams to deliver robust and secure online systems?
The Information and Technology Directorate (IaTD) is growing and looking for motivated and engaging technologists to join one of Queensland's most agile, innovative, and can-do ICT departments and be part of Australia's largest regional university. Bring your experience in a range of enterprise technologies and environments to help CQUniversity deliver innovative solutions for learning, teaching, research, and corporate functions. As a committed team player, you will relish the opportunity to work and grow as part of a diverse ICT team that is values driven and invests in its staff to enable them to support CQUniversity’s fast evolving business.
Your New Role:
- Leading the development, operational maintenance and communication of ICT Security principles, standards, and procedures.
- Conduct ICT Security risk, compliance, vulnerability, and technical assessments of new and existing on-premises IT systems. Assisting in the development of new strategies and plans to address security risks providing recommendations to the IaTD leadership team.
- Providing expert cyber security incident management skills, leading investigations, reporting breaches, resolving, and recommending appropriate actions.
- Use your technical expertise to develop and manage cybersecurity systems.
You Will Be:
- Accustomed to working on demanding tasks that require substantial effort and commitment
- A highly motivated team member who enjoys working in an empowered environment
You Will Have:
- A high knowledge of ICT Security, a Network and Systems Engineering background with an understanding of Web development technologies
- A degree with at least six years subsequent relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32008
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, 14th August 2017
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria, Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.